+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice

Advice

Hello all, my names Henry. I just joined this forum not five minutes ago after browsing it for a couple days. Well let me explain my situation. See about a year ago I met this girl on the internet, her name was Sam. We quickly feel hopelessly in love. We talked day in and day out for about 3 straight months. And eventually I decided I wanted to be by her. Oh and by the way I lived in Illinois and she lived in Kansas, which is a good 600 miles between us. Anyway after some begging and pleading on my part I finally convinced my mom to pick up and move there. We had already found a good place to live while we were over there (we visited her last summer for some 10 odd days.) Well fast forward a few months, and good news we sell the house. Bads news was that Sam dumped me. She did this at the last minute, which infuriated me not to mention my mom and sister, although I will say that I was partly responsible for it. Well, we couldn't back out of the sale, so we end up moving here, with no other family, no friends, no nothing. The breakup was devastating both mentally and emotionally to me and Sam, but after a couple of grueling months I'm over it and now which leads me to the reason for my post. I want to find someone else, but the problem is I have no dating experience. Sam was my first girlfriend, I had never even dated before. I know it sounds stupid to go move to the first girl you meet, but what can I say? I was in love. Or at least a vast, twisted illusion of it. Well anyway I'm (both metaphorically and literally) a complete virgin on the whole dating scene. And to top it off I'm scared and nervous about it. I'd always had been. Can any of you give me some sound advice, or at the very least some bad generalizations? Thanks. I really want another taste of what its like to be in love.
    'Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -Albert Einstein

WOW, your mom and sis moving cuz of that reason is crazy. My mom would NEVER do that for me, but anways i have trouble dating my self, dunno why but i do, but ive had success a few times now, by just growing some balls and talking to them.