+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm confused with my girlfriend behavior!!

Mak is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

I'm confused with my girlfriend behavior!!

Hi. I'm from a country in Europe, and i started dating a girl from America that's in my country. We are dating for 5 months. At the beginning, it was great, lot's of smiling, kissing, "playing", but we never had sex in this 5 months, which is weird for me. I was fine waiting for her to be ready for sex (just to clarify, we are both 28 years old), but things started to change. It was stressful for her even to think about sex, to tongue kiss. Her explanation was that she is feeling like that because she is in foreign country, not knowing the language, not being able to communicate with other people besides me, not heaving a control over her life here (she works in my country as a volunteer) and whole bunch of other stuff witch are making her feel stressful. She build up a wall that, as she said is to protect the only thing that she has control over, and that's sex. I asked her a couple of times if the problem is in me, but every time she answered that i'm not the problem, it's the situation in witch she is in, that she likes me a lot and she's grateful for everything i'm doing for her. Her behavior makes me think that she is with me only because she is grateful for my help. I don't know what to do, i'm frustrated, but i think that i love her (which non of us said before to each other). I'm thinking to be patient, be even more better boyfriend for her, but i don't know if that's the right decision. Please help.

She has issues only a therapist can help her with. There is this thing called "knight in shining armor syndrome" where you are in a relationship with them to rescue them. The thing is, all you are doing is enabling her when you say you will have patience and stay with her. This is totally dysfunctional and you will always be frustrated and dissappointed with your relationship, because she will not change, not without professional help....someone who is not emotionally involved.

Its sad, but i think you suggest a break away from each other, and see, because the sexual argue might confuse you for love and see she will miss, because women we are full games sometimes, either she had a boyfriend she feel guilty that she is about to cheat on him. i dont see the reason as to why she cries try and find out,