+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting to like my bestfriends ex GF

Starting to like my bestfriends ex GF

Soo.. I think the title speak for itself doesn't it..
    I think i'm starting to like my bestfriends ex GF who has been dating her for like 2 years? but they broke up for about 3/4 year by now?
    But the fact that I hang out with her as a friend at first, my bestfriend didn't liked it and we got into a fight.. So now it's all good, but I still hang out with her en he doesn't know.
    In the meanwhile he has a new GF but I know he will be mad at me if I were dating her. And out of respect I don't want to date her but I just can't ignore my feelings.. And a while ago she told me that if I wasn't her ex's bestfriend it could be different between us but she takes it with a good friend.. Yeahh when i heard that I was like : "Oww"...
    Ohhh and not to forget She is my bestfriend.

Soww.. Got some advice?
    Last edited by Blieper; 17-06-12 at 09:39 PM.

It depends on what you value the most. If you think it could be going somewhere serious I suggest that you talk to your friend about it. But if you value your friendship with your best friend more and think that this is just a passing thing then I suggest that you stay loyal to your friend. It is up to you what you do, just make sure that you make the right decision before you throw anything away you might regret later

yehh I know but it's hard, cuz I think i value the bond between me and him equally with the bond between me and her...
    Soww i've got a lot of thinking to do..
    But thanks for replying !

If he is your best friend why should he be mad at you for something like that ? It happened a long time ago and this shouldn't be a problem especially if you have feelings for her, and he should understand it. So talk with him and make him understand you. I think he will understand you... if not than you know what is best for you so it's all about your choice in the end.

There's a rule to not go after your friends exes. Doesn't matter how long ago or short the time period between the break up happened... it's just weird. I agree you should definitely talk to him about it and see how he feels but be for warned that you will lose him as your best friend if you selfishly just go for it. I lost my best friend to a similar situation... only difference is I had broken up with my HS sweetheart and it was only less than two months later that she moved in. Now she regrets it but we're not friends anymore. There are plenty of fish in the sea. How old are you and this girl btw???

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean. View Post
    There's a rule to not go after your friends exes. Doesn't matter how long ago or short the time period between the break up happened... it's just weird. I agree you should definitely talk to him about it and see how he feels but be for warned that you will lose him as your best friend if you selfishly just go for it. I lost my best friend to a similar situation... only difference is I had broken up with my HS sweetheart and it was only less than two months later that she moved in. Now she regrets it but we're not friends anymore. There are plenty of fish in the sea. How old are you and this girl btw???
    Yehh i agree with the rule. So thats one of the reason that makes it so hard to confront with this situation...And sorry to hear about your situation , and i know here a lot more fish in the sea but still..
    And i'm 18 btw and she's 17 so we're still young :3
    Thx for replying

Your friend has a new girlfriend, and that should be his priority. If you have feelings for this girl, then you should go for it. Don't ask for a relationship right away, but make a move and start hooking up with her. If she backs off, then you have your answer, and just drop her altogether.

Your friend will get over it, and if he doesn't then he's not really your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Blieper View Post
    Yehh i agree with the rule. So thats one of the reason that makes it so hard to confront with this situation...And sorry to hear about your situation , and i know here a lot more fish in the sea but still..
    And i'm 18 btw and she's 17 so we're still young :3
    Thx for replying
    Most dating relationships don't last that long, but a real friendship can last a lifetime. Bros before hos.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Most dating relationships don't last that long, but a real friendship can last a lifetime. Bros before hos.
    Yehh i know BackUpOrGetStng but it's like vincenzo is saying bros before hoes .. Thats why i am doubting so much you know .. It's a really tough decision maybe cuz i'm young? Inexperienced? But okay i think i'm gonna see what will happen and just go with the flow haha :p thanks for the advice !