+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just wanted to let the anger bust out of me

Just wanted to let the anger bust out of me

First I want to say im brand new to this site, and today just really hit me hard.

I could really use some advice.
    I am 23 years old.

I guess here's the rundown. I dated this girl for almost a year. She was great at first and we had so much in common, people said we were perfect for eachother and i thought that she thought that too. She told me upfront what she believed and this was our biggest problem. She said she was a different religion than my own. Now for me, I don't care if someone believes something different than me. She did care.

Her parents didn't like me because i was a different religion and told me i was no good for there daughter. I did my very best to treat her right, respect her decisions and treat her like she was the most important person in the world to me. Months went by, we got more serious and soon she begged me to marry her. Now keep in mind that we spent pretty much every day together. Over and over again i would hear her ask me to buy a ring and marry her. I wanted to wait alittle bit, i was still early in my career, on my way to affording a house, and just wanted to go slower than she did. Right before a year, nothing got better, we fought all the time, telling me i had to convert religion to be accepted by her family and honestly, i felt like for her as well. Really sucked. But i was crazy about her and i wanted to. But after long nights of thinking about it, i decided not to.

Anyways, she broke up with me and i wish it didn't happen. Only two weeks went by and she already found another guy. She called me to tell her all about him like im gonna enjoy that. (Why do girls do that?)
    Finally today, i agreed to meet with her to give her her things back she left at my house and when i went to meet her, she had her boyfriend in the car. Made me sick to my stomach. She grabbed her stuff and i drove off.

I don't get how someone claims to love you and want to marry you and then get over you that quickly.

Sorry i think i just wanted to spill what happened, i know i just need to move on, find someone who enjoys being with me instead of someone trying to change me, it's just really hard you know.

Thanks.

Judging by what you have said, ill assume shes a catholic and you are a muslim. If this is true, then you are well rid of her. Get yourself a playstation, and tiger woods golf, and after getting your handicap down to around 10, youll wonder what you ever seen in this broad.

Youve had a lucky escape here. Her and her family sound a right pain in the arse. Chin up soldier.

I should have said this first, but actually im the Catholic, and she's Christian. Somehow she claims there's a difference.

jesus. Youve dropped a real bollock here sergi. I hate to say typical catholic, but if the cap fits. I think you might mean that shes a protestant. Both protestant and catholic are forms of christianity. You should research why you being a catholic is so offensive to her and her family and all right minded people. Im afraid you only have yourself to blame, and no amount of birdies and eagles with save your soul in this one.

Best just put it down to experience and next time a woman asks your religon, just say your a budhist.

thanks for the advice lol

Dude, religious girls are *insane* stay away in the future.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

We really cant know what will happen in next sec. Girls are really too hard to predict in my opinion. I met this girl few months ago and i admit i don't even know whats in her mind till now. She's a college student from diff state and we r really like a lovely couple for the few months period. She went back to her hometown during a month holiday and we still keep in contact for the first 2 weeks. I still contact her everyday after that but we spend less time on the phone and sometimes she reply my sms after few days. What hurts me the most is she told me she's engaged to somebody now and been told not to sms or call her again. I was really shocked and want to know the reason but she's a diff person now. I know there's nothing i can do except wish for her happiness but sad deep down inside my heart. She even told not to contact her again cos that will be only disturbing her. Maybe that's what we called life but it's totally too much to accept and i never think this will happen to me in my life...i know there's nothing i do and told her that no matter what happen i'll always be there for her if she need me...............oh ya btw im 29 and she's 21 yrs old..what a sad life....

Strong religious views = nutty as a bar of chocolate with nuts in.