+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would you have this guy's baby?

Would you have this guy's baby?

Ladies,

How would you feel about having children with a man who says, freely and openly, that pregnancy and childbirth is unpleasant, painful, bloody, gooey, messy, and that he's glad he isn't the one who has to have something living inside of him and then boring its way out? And that the tactful way to view pregnancy is something to be endured with humor, acknowledging it as it truly is, until you have the end product?

I say he is just being a man and being insensitive. As a female, I don't view pregnancy as anything great either, but I love the hell out of babies, so that doesn't say much. I think if it was his baby and he was in a relationship where he saw how awesome and great you were as a pregnant woman, he might actually be amazed. They are just comments. Don't read too into them. He didn't say "Ew, I never want kids. They are horrible". He is just stating a well known fact that some pregnancies and birth are not so great. Give him a break.

Quote Originally Posted by marzipan.banana View Post
    Ladies,

How would you feel about having children with a man who says, freely and openly, that pregnancy and childbirth is unpleasant, painful, bloody, gooey, messy, and that he's glad he isn't the one who has to have something living inside of him and then boring its way out? And that the tactful way to view pregnancy is something to be endured with humor, acknowledging it as it truly is, until you have the end product?
    I could care less what adjectives he uses to describe pregnancy and childbirth. I would feel fine with having children with him if he was loving, a good partner, a wonderful lover and a great father. Those are the things that count Actions, not words.