+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wondering about this guy-friend

Wondering about this guy-friend

Hi everyone!

So we met each other when we started university 4 years ago, and we were never really friends.
    During this last semester we took some classes together and start to be closer.

He has a girlfriend for about 3.5 years now, and they live together. Though he doesn't talk much about her
    only when I ask him stuff about her.

We talk on FB quite often about all sorts of things, and he sends me emails around 1-2a.m thought all the emails always relate to school stuff.
    He wants me to see his work, asks if I have any remarks ext. He wrote me once that we are a good team and we
    need to consider publishing together. Once after we talked about a professor I like that considers mean he wrote me:
    "So you like it hard, ha", and I replied "you are a married man!", so he said "I'm a bachelor". I said that being a bachelor is relative
    and we moved to talk about something else.

So I know he has a GF, and that the fact that he sends me stuff during the night could be just that this is the
    time when he works about school stuff, but I was really wondering if it is so.
    I do like him, he really is my type of guy.
    http://nocastnoshadow.blogspot.com/

He is having an emotional affair with you and behind his Gfs back. Yes it is still cheating even if you are not being physical with each other. 1 to 2 am messaging is sneaking around. That quick comment is him testing to see if you have any intentions of taking this further and he is obviously trying to let you know he is willing. Stop for a second and put yourself in her shoes....how would you feel if your bf was doing it to you, oh well in the future if you get with this guy the possibility of him doing it to you is very high. Keep you pants on and keep your distance with this guy. The guy is already lying to you about being single....so tread carefully.

He wants to hump you and your giving the signs of letting him. find a real single guy to text late at night.

Ya bluntly oldskool has it right. Guys just don't come out of the woodwork to "just be friends", they want sex. Don't let his attention go to your head, and think you are something"special" to him. It doesn't work that way. For all you know he could have one or a few more on the line to see who will bite......he could even be a serial cheater, and is just out looking for some strange.

Look, people are either married or single. You like him, he's not married. Let him know and be done with all these game and late night messages.

Regardless that everyone likes to 'think' they take the moral high road, the great majority of people will not leave boring, mundane relationships until they've met someone they like. That's the facts. If you like him that much and think he's worth it, let him know, see what he does.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Thank you all!

I don't think his a serial cheater, or that he intent to cheat.
    They are together for 4 years, and I do think they have a good relationship.

I think that his "I'm a bachelor" mark meant out of the legal meaning (we both just finished law-school..).
    And I don't know, maybe he does do all his school work late at night.
    It's not like he text me or FB me in the middle of the night, just law-school things.

I don't want to do anything foolish like telling him I like him, he knows I know he has a GF..
    He never asked me about guys I date or things like that..

then maybe your making this a problem where there isnt a problem.

Haha, I guess I am!
    But as I said - I was just wondering!