+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he done with me?

is he done with me?

Thanks to anyone who reads this and gives any advice!
    A long story, put as short as possible...
    My ex bf and I have been on and off for a little over a year. In the beginning, I was not very interested in him, he was crazy about me, and always tried to talk me into giving him a chance and told me how well he would treat me (I have been in some bad relationships). We went to high school together and have been friends before dating. He knows everything there is to know about me. I ended up giving him a chance and he acted very possesive and obsessive over me, so I kept in contact with my ex because of how he was acting made me not interested. He found out and we broke it off. We ended up getting back together, as he proved to me that he calmed down. He treated me like a queen and we had a very strong connection. He always had trust issues because of my actions in the beginning of our relationship. This caused a lot of strain and to sum it up, we fought and argued, were on and off again for a while. He still treated me the best anyone ever could, while I gave nothing in return and took advantage of him. Anyway, now we are broken up and the tables have turned. He says he has had enough of giving me everything while getting treated badly by me. In previous breakups he has always came back and told me there was no other person he would ever wanna be with, and that we were soulmates. But this time, he is saying that he has to move on and that I have had enough chances to treat him better, problem is that this is the first time I have realized how badly I messed up and how i cant live without him. He will not speak to me, Ive told him I will do ANYTHING to show him how well I can treat him if given the opportunity, but he will not budge. Ive texted him everyday at least once saying if he will give me the chance to show him that I will make up to him how ive acted and treat him good forever. He text back the other day saying things as if he is done but then saying things like what is this change IM GOING to see, as if he is gonna give it a chance, just is playing a mind game to make me work harder. I told him today in a text that I dont wanna stop trying so he can see that im willing to give it all with nothing in return to prove things are different but that if there is no chance to tell me to leave him alone, and I will. But no reply... what do i do???? leave him alone, keep trying? How can I get him to give me a final chance?? Iknow this man loves me more than anyone in his life and wants to be with me, he just keeps saying I wish you would have realized this sooner.
    The reason I do not want to leave him alone as you should do in a normal break up, is to show him I will not give up or this wont change like the other times! I just want him to tell me what exactly he wants.
    by the way, he has sever add and i believe he is also bi polar, idk if that changes anything, just thought it was useful to know.
    Please help!!!

The add and bi polar thing wont matter. I guess you just have to continue doing what you're doing. He is just waiting until he really feels that you are sincer, or at least that's how you sounded. His right, you should have realized it sooner. Just be patient and give it some more time.

yes i should have! lesson learned, you dont know what you got til its gone. thank you so much for the advice! im not giving up!

So i have an update and need to know what to do from here...
    I text him once and said good morning, i just wanted to let you know that I love you and hope you have a great day! I hope youre considering dinner sometime this week (trying to show him instead of beg) no text back, then later in the day i broke down and sent one that said its clear you are done with me, can you please give me some type of closure, then if you want you can block my number. I just need some sort of closure from this. He sent a reply that said it took one weekend of doing what you said you would not change... (to me that means, you are giving up showing me that you are serious this time, and you have already decided to stop trying after one weekend... i could be wrong with that assumption?) then i replied goin on about how i simply felt like i was making it worse by blowing up his phone, but if im not i will continue to try. He then said, you really think I want you to keep trying?... no you still have your facebook and are still texting guys. leave me alone. (I told him I deleted my facebook to show that Im not interested in any other guys. I said back that I do have my facebook gone and i wasnt sure what he was talking about, that I have been doing nothing but racking my brain of how to fix this. He said Kenz you were texting guys a week ago behind my back... I said no and continued to try and persuade him. Anyway, I pleaded after that and finally sent one final text that said i have never tried this hard or been this persistent in our previous breakups, that should be a sign things would be different. But if you truly want me to leave you alone and do not want to give me an opportunity to show u in person, please block my number. Otherwise, I will take it that part of you does want to see me keep trying to show you that Im not giving up on us... no reply and im not sure if he blocked me. If he didnt I think I will send him a text tomorrow and days after telling him something sweet and special. Part of me feels like he does want to see if im serious about showing him I will be different, he just wont admit it as he is very stubborn like me. Am I wrong? What should I do? Sorry its long, im just lost

Sounds like he is done. You can only treat people badly for so long before love and respect turns to disdain and hatred. After this breakup he probably had some profound realization that he hasn't had the same feelings for you for some time.

Begging is just making you look worse. Leave the guy alone for a bit, let him come to you. If he doesn't, you have your answer.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Did you really text other guys while you were with him - repeatedly even after he broke up with you and you got back together? If so, no wonder he doesn't want to be with you anymore. Let it go, he is better off without you. Otherwise, his loss. In any case, stop pestering him and move on.

If he's smart. He will stay away from you because the second he starts treating you with kindness and respect, you are just going to shit all over him again. He probably finally realized he deserves a partner who will love and respect him unconditionally, and not have to play games to keep her attention.

You're a bitch. Leave him alone and learn how to not be a cunt.

I think is done