+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Seeing your Ex when with new girlfriend

Seeing your Ex when with new girlfriend

Been with my boyfriend now for 5 months. It is going very well. We both had long term relationships that ended in January. And we got together shorty after that. We met on a dating site. We were both just looking to go out and have some fun and have been inserparable since.

But, we have seen his ex twice. and each time he gets really bummed out. We were canoing yesterday and she was at canoe launch. we dind't exactly see her or have words, she drove off before we saw her. But today we talked and he said he is really bummed about seeing his ex and he doesnt know why. She was there fishing with her new boyfriend.

Is he still in love with her?? She did leave him.

he is 38 and Im 31.

I just don't understand why he would think telling me that he is bummed about seeing her would make me feel good. In fact it is making me question our relationship.

Ask him why it bothers him. Sounds like he might not be over things because he was dumped. Perhaps he longs to get back with her. Or he gets annoyed simply by seeing her because he no longer likes her?

Could be lingering feelings, they exist, even if your relationship is stable. If he got dumped only in January, then he may not have taken the time needed to heal before dating you. You need to decide if you want to continue knowing there may still be some old feelings there.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Sounds like feels were not healed when he met you. I think he relationship jumped due to lonelyness or codependentcy. Both are not reasons to move quicky into a realtionship with another person. Think hard on what you want to do, i sence a break up comming from your end.

personally, I don't think that is something good for your current relationship to meet your ex.

So you are saying you started dating one month after you both ended long term relationships?......well it's no wonder he is still bummed out. So I'm going to say ya he still misses her and yes it's quite possible he wishes she was still with him.....his heart is still broken. So what are you going to do about it? Nothing, absolutely nothing. He can't help the way he feels and who know how long or if ever he will get over her. I'm going to agree with oldskool, that your relationship was out of convenience, and used as a method of healing from the breakup.