+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not really sure what to think.. Need advice! ** 4 paragraphed entry**

Not really sure what to think.. Need advice! ** 4 paragraphed entry**

So I have a friend that I've known for a while. He's a little awkward, very random, and I'm surprised I've remained friends with him for this long. We basically talk through text. So in April, he came to my birthday festivities and it was like we had met for the first time. He was very quiet, to himself, and every time I tried talking with him.. his answers would be very short. Then to top it off... he didn't even stay long. I figured that would be the last time I saw him. That next morning he had texted me in the morning making sure I didn't think he was rude, and he was hoping everything was cool between us. After I said "yes", he said that was a relief. Then I noticed that we were talking quite a bit through text. A good two-three times a day. I really thought we were heading in a good direction.

It took some time, but he tells me a lot of personal things. So, one day he goes into a rant about how he dates a lot of dominating princesses. I told him to explain what he meant, and we basically got into a conversation about what we like and don't like in relationships. So at one point.. I started a sentence with "if we dated..." and once I sent the text I freaked. So his response was "not to sound rude but if we dated in a rhetorical sense?" so I just said "sorry it was a bad example". Then he had said "oh no it's ok.. no worries" and then begins to ask if all was cool between us. I said yea and he was relieved once again.

So I had invited him to a family function as my guest, and he attended. Things were a lot better. He was a lot more talkative, we shared a few laughs, and we had a nice time. I told him I would text him today because I was going out with the girls. Well, I checked my phone during the night, and he had texted me that "my family was precious". I just told him that I was glad he enjoyed himself.

So by reading all this.. I have the aged old question "is there interest from his end, and he has a weird way of showing it?" He's definitely different from the guys I usually date, but I do enjoy our conversations. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I think he sounds into you but perhaps he is worried about taking it further due to your friendship? I think you should tell him how you feel and if you don't get the response you hoped for then at least you know and you can move on. There is nothing worse than thinking 'does he like me', 'what does that text mean' or 'am I reading into this the wrong way' - just go for it!

If he didn't want to see you or text you he wouldn't so I think it sounds pretty promising good luck!

he is definitely interested. maybe never had a girlfriend before ? how old are the 2 of you ?