+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Depressed

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Troll. lol.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

yeah blame 9/11. think ill start using that one. And how can you write troll before i even post? spooky

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Troll. lol.
    Funny.......NOT

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand what motivates a person to willingly engage in a relationship with someone they suspect has a personality disorder. Do you really expect you will live happily-ever-after? That your love will conquer all? eek.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't understand what motivates a person to willingly engage in a relationship with someone they suspect has a personality disorder. Do you really expect you will live happily-ever-after? That your love will conquer all? eek.
    I will give this several responses.

1. I can certainly understand your reasoning.

2. Just because a person has a personality disorder, does not mean they are unlovable.

3. Before the latest communications with the woman in question, I had never seen her emotions flip flop like this. So I was thrown for a loop, when I saw her moods change repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0516 View Post
    2. Just because a person has a personality disorder, does not mean they are unlovable.
    A relationship can be sustainable only if they acknowledge they have this disorder and have taken responsability for their own therapy/treatment, but also to make sure it is kept maintained. There is no cure for these types of disorders so it is something they have to work at for the rest of their life.

If not then no there is no way a relationship with them can survive. That is many like her go through relationships like a revovling door.

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    A relationship can be sustainable only if they acknowledge they have this disorder and have taken responsability for their own therapy/treatment, but also to make sure it is kept maintained. There is no cure for these types of disorders so it is something they have to work at for the rest of their life.

If not then no there is no way a relationship with them can survive. That is many like her go through relationships like a revovling door.
    I agree with you 100%. Because I thought I was just seeing things, from what she typed. But when I noticed her saying several times that she wished everyone(me included, I asked her the first time she said that) would just leave her alone, then several hours later saying no one cared about her, I knew something was wrong/going on.

The thing is, in the ten years I have never known her to have mood swings like this, let alone mood swings at all. Maybe I am just being more observant this time and/or, any mood swings she had in the past were barely noticeable.

You only really start to notice it if you get more involved in their life. Plus if she drinks alcohol that can also amplify her mood swings.

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You only really start to notice it if you get more involved in their life. Plus if she drinks alcohol that can also amplify her mood swings.
    Very true. I don't think she drinks. Because she left her husband three years ago and has sole custody of their 5yr.-old daughter. She also hasn't been able file for divorce yet because money has always been tight.

I was starting to think the same thing. Because, My (ex)fiance was diagnosed Bi-Polar II in '99(but should have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder). Her mood swings seem to indicate a mental health issue, 'below the surface'. That she hasn't told me about. It also makes me wonder about her 5yr. old daughter having the same thing.
    How awesome that you are the Female Mental Disordered magnet that you are. Have you ever wondered why you find chica's with "isms" so attractive?

Very true. I don't think she drinks. Because she left her husband three years ago and has sole custody of their 5yr.-old daughter. She also hasn't been able file for divorce yet because money has always been tight.
    You sure she's a keeper? O.o

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    How awesome that you are the Female Mental Disordered magnet that you are. Have you ever wondered why you find chica's with "isms" so attractive?
    I wouldn't say a 'magnet'. Yet I will give you a better one.........stupidly forgiving compounded by not being very discerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You sure she's a keeper? O.o
    In that respect, yes.

Chris0516 Guest
    All hopes of anything with her(friend or more), are for the forseeable future, on the back-burner. She is now in the hospital fighting for her life. It is tearing at my heart.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All hopes of anything with her(friend or more), are for the forseeable future, on the back-burner. She is now in the hospital fighting for her life. It is tearing at my heart.
    How dramatic. I wonder what she (and you) will do for an encore?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think you have to look a girl from your own region, then it will be good for you and your relationship.

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    How dramatic. I wonder what she (and you) will do for an encore?
    So you don't like a man being honest.......hmmmmmm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast