+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Your thoughts please

Your thoughts please

I have been divorced for four years. It was a bad marriage where my wife was controlling, verbally abusive, and unfaithful. She always had a problem with me having friends, so I lost track of a lot of friends for many years, and of course if I had a facebook account, well that would be "cheating". All of that has made me really cautious about finding someone else.

Now, four years have gone by, a few "relationships" that were no good, and along the way, I find myself on Facebook reconnecting with a lot of old friends as well as making new ones that have a common intrest with myself. There were a lot of people on my list, most of them I know personally, but I will admit, it was a "single guy's" friend list.

Here lies the problem. I now have a girlfriend that I love very much, and just like me, she has been cheated on in the past. I understand the effect that has on someone as it has had that effect on me as well, but I find all of that out the window with her. I trust her 100%. And while there a few things that I see as less then "ideal", no one is perfect, and I accept someone for who they are, or I don't accept them at all. She on the other hand, has developed a huge problem with my Facebook list.

Just to make things clear, I have no reservations about "cleaning house", but I don't feel like there is any harm in having old friends on there that are females, or some that I have never met, (and never will) that I share a common intrest. Never the less, I hacked and hacked at that list, until all that's left are guys, females that are related to me, or female friends that I know personally, and are married. Most to guy friends of mine. I don't see anything wrong with this at all, but last night I get a message from her saying "Ok all i can say if that by tuesday if there is any female that is not related to you there then i guess that would be the end of our relationship".

So now the question is, is that to much? Do you think that she has any "right" to expect that? Should this open the door for me to demand things of her that I would not think was right otherwise? Would it be acceptable that I insist that she get a divorce from the guy she has been separated from for over 17 years? Seems legit.

She has always been there for me, and I ask nothing of her other then she, at some point, come and live with me. But as of now, I don't mind driving over an hour one way, to see her for 2 hours before she goes to work for the night.

Your thoughts?

Sorry mate, only 2 words pops into my mind. Controlling and psycho.

We are emotional creature, require to have connection and friends for support. Male or female doesn't matter. If your girlfriend can not accept that then she's not the one for you.

tell her to get over her insecurity issue. I have been cheated on before, it's just life and it goes on even without you.

If that girl really loves you then she will accept you for what you are and will know how to understand situation as simple as yours. Having friends is not an issue, she is the problem , not you so leave her. She's not meant for you.

yhea man i find that shes controlling and crazy, seems like she has some trust issues and you need to dig it into her head that she needs to back off. If shes like this now then just imagine what she will be like later on.