+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would you find this offensive?

Would you find this offensive?

so this girl i have feelings for said something really offensive about my people to me the other day

our relationship was going well and it sort of killed my feelings for this girl after what she said. This is the story:

me and 2 other co workers are sitting in the lunchroom, and shes also in there with us
    one co worker asks why me n her are not dating, I say "oh hahah her dad hates Muslims if he found out he would kill me"
    she responded with "oh he has had a bad history with them, can you blame him? MUSLIMS ARE ASSHOLES!!"
    the other 2 co workers didn't say anything, i was completely shocked. I told her that was really offensive to me cause im muslim, although not religious it still was offensive to me because this was not the first time she said something like that.

then when she realized she ****ed up she dug herself deeper by saying "oh my freind is running away with a muslim guy, shes going to ruin her life, muslim men are jerks"... then she tried to cover up her shit by saying bad things about her own people. Then saying how her own muslim freinds say bad stuff about muslims as well. She basically dug herself so deep she cant get out...

she said she said it in a joking manner, but the other co workers said stuff like that cannot be said in a joking matter. I confronted her and told her how it made me feel, she feels really bad and i forgive her, but it killed my feelings for her
    because now i know why she doesn't want to date me.

my co workers say i have all the right to be angry at her, but im not, im just very disappointing that she said it, i just never took her to be that ignorant...

so would you guys find something like that offensive to hear from someone you thought would never say anything like that about your people?

Yes, i'd be offended. However I don't see how what she said ruined your chances of dating her. If she feels the way she does, then you would be the last person she would date regardless of what she said. Be thankful you found this out. Now you can stop crushing on her and actually find someone who would want to date you regardless of your religious beliefs.

This girl sucks ! She should respect religions in the first place , look for a better one, not like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yes, i'd be offended. However I don't see how what she said ruined your chances of dating her. If she feels the way she does, then you would be the last person she would date regardless of what she said. Be thankful you found this out. Now you can stop crushing on her and actually find someone who would want to date you regardless of your religious beliefs.
    you can call me ugly, stupid gay, whatever, but for some reason the religion thing is just something i cant tolerate.

its just that i would of never took her to be religiously ignorant, her father has that mentality, but i thought she would be mature enough to know u don't judge a religion based on a small group of peoples actions.

it changed my whole perception of this girl, because in the back of my head im thinking she doesn't want to date me because of religious views.

It completely altered how i see her now, because i thought i knew her.

i stopped texting her, she probably thinks that im going to text her soon, but in my heart i know its over.

What she said was offensive to an individual and obviously disrespectful. But maybe she had just got finished seeing one of the state sanctioned stoning or shooting videos of Muslim women who committed adultery. The human rights record for women in Muslim societies is atrocious. Her anger obviously was toward Islamists and not directed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by UdoKier View Post
    What she said was offensive to an individual and obviously disrespectful. But maybe she had just got finished seeing one of the state sanctioned stoning or shooting videos of Muslim women who committed adultery. The human rights record for women in Muslim societies is atrocious. Her anger obviously was toward Islamists and not directed at you.
    maybe so, but i think she just hates muslims.

the other day she said "some girl called me muslims, i said im not ****ing muslim"

i asked her why she would say "****ing" she realized it was an offensive response and tried to cover it up by saying "she was offended because this girl was talking shit about muslims and what not" trying to cover up her tracks...

The other day i said myself that "lol maybe il blow up a building cause im muslims" shes like "yhea muslims are messed"

this girl clearly shows signs of ignorance. i dont want to be with a person like that.

if it was the first time then i wouldn't have taken it so hard but its more than once that she said something offensive.

But you love her ? That's why it is tolerable for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by brheartedgirl View Post
    But you love her ? That's why it is tolerable for you ?
    had feelings, but not anymore. I cant tolerate that from anyone to be honest. i just took it harder from her because i had feelings for her...

So it's clear from you that you don't have feelings for her anymore, so what's ur plan for the girl ?

So it's clear from you that you don't have feelings for her anymore, so what's ur plan for the girl ?
    yhea the feelings are gone, im just sad that she was not what i thought she was. i forgive her for what she said and we are still friends, but not on the level we used to be at. I dont think i can ever have feelings for her again.

we will talk, but just not day and night like we used to. Il only text if i need to know something work related or just basic freind stuff.

i just feel good knowing i wasnt the one that ruined it.

You have made the right decision Zigg Keep going . I am happy for you.

You have made the right decision Zigg Keep going . I am happy for you.
    thanks man, all the other people are trying to make me think that its ok for her to say that like its a joke.

thanks for the support!

No problem I always support on the positive vibes