+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If a "friend zoned" guy flirts with you

If a "friend zoned" guy flirts with you

Ok, I realize there may be quite a variety of answers to a question like this so I hope I can get multiple responses.

Anyway, how do you feel and react if a guy you've "friend zoned" starts flirting with you, complimenting your looks a little more, goes as far as to call you "sexy", maybe even gets a little more "touchy feely", and possibly even hits on you a bit? In other words, what happens if a "friend zoned" guy starts acting like a regular guy around you? I'm not saying this guy necessarily wants you, I'm just saying he's being less "guy next door" like around you.

It would be awkward, I would feel uncomfortable, I would pity him and eventually try to avoid him.

That is, of course, if he has already confessed his feelings for me and I have already made it clear that I do not reciprocate.

What if the guy doesn't have feelings for you? He just finds you very attractive and feels he should be able to let you know that.

I realize there's a difference between flirting, complimenting, and going as far as to be "touchy feely" which is why I asked about all.

He is trying to get out of the friends zone by being more confident towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakimus View Post
    What if the guy doesn't have feelings for you? He just finds you very attractive and feels he should be able to let you know that.

I realize there's a difference between flirting, complimenting, and going as far as to be "touchy feely" which is why I asked about all.
    If he doesn't have feelings than he isn't "in the friend zone", he's simply a friend who finds me attractive *shrugs*.

This "friends" stuff seems like an older debate than which came first, chicken or egg

Look, if you're cute, whether he has an 'interest' in a relationship or not, he definitely wants to be balls deep in you, end of discussion. Like searock said, if that bothers you, get rid of him.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Blakimus View Post

Guys don't make an effort for nothing, and it doesn't matter if he's in the friends zone that won't stop most guys, (there is a lot of proof of that on this forum). There might be someone on another forum telling him to go for it lol!

He could be madly in love with you which most are OR he's just horny and is hoping you will have sex with him. Basically if you need to know what is going on with him you will have to ask him yourself, we can only guess.

He wants to have sex with you. The more you get to know a guy and the more your friendship evolves...the more guys always want to have sex! Men and women are never "just friends"...unless it's someone you grew up with like a brother (but they still typ. want sex at some point lol)...enjoy the attention and have sex if you want to

Ok, I should probably specify that I'm not a woman wondering about a guy friend acting differently around me. Based on some of the responses you all seem to have gotten that impression.

Nope, I'm a guy. I'm a guy simply wondering what might happen should I start telling some of my female friends just how damn sexy I think they are. I guess technically I haven't been officially "friend zoned" as I've yet to make any attempt to get with the ladies in question but I do know they think I'm a "great friend" and a "nice guy." I guess I was just wondering what's the worst that could happen. If the worst is I simply don't get any than it's not a big deal but if the worst is potentially harming the friendship I may have to think about it.

I knew you were the guy, hence my direct responses. Clearly you want to have sex with your female friend, so unless you've been best friends since forever and you've only just realized that you are attracted to her, yours isn't friendship: you just hang around in hopes of sleeping with her some day. There is no point in sticking around as a friend if they will never sleep with you, is there?

You should tell her that you are attracted to her and that you are interested in dating her. If she doesn't like you back, if you are really *only* attracted to her and have no feelings for her whatsoever, then it's fine to keep hanging around. If you do have feelings for her and she refuses your invite, you should stop being "friends" with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    He wants to have sex with you. The more you get to know a guy and the more your friendship evolves...the more guys always want to have sex! Men and women are never "just friends"...unless it's someone you grew up with like a brother (but they still typ. want sex at some point lol)...enjoy the attention and have sex if you want to
    This Maple1714 is a smart chick.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

*sigh*!

Why sigh?

Be careful about the affection. Some girl will allow you cuddles in bed and some kissing, but that still doesn't mean they want you as a BF or even willing to give you sex. You just become their cuddle bitch.

You are stuck in a friends zone for a reason, you need to grow some and ask them out and stop being their friend. Be friends with girls you don't want to date.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Be careful about the affection. Some girl will allow you cuddles in bed and some kissing, but that still doesn't mean they want you as a BF or even willing to give you sex. You just become their cuddle bitch.

You are stuck in a friends zone for a reason, you need to grow some and ask them out and stop being their friend. Be friends with girls you don't want to date.
    Who said anything about dating? haha. I just want to sack up with her and no I haven't always wanted to. It's only been recent. I know you all probably won't believe me but it's true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast