+ Follow This Topic

Thread: uncertain about starting a relationship

uncertain about starting a relationship

Hello, I'd like you to tell me your opinions. I'm 22 years old and single. For the last year I have an open relationship with a girl, but I don't really enjoy it anymore. I'm feeling the need to get into a normal relationship. The main issue is that I hardly never mark a woman that I really like and I have lately rejected the perspective of starting a relationship with 3 girls (of my age) that liked me (including the one with who I share an open relationship).

Recently I met a girl, 19 years old and student of the same University that I was studying until last Winter, who likes me. I am totaly amazed by how smart she is, by the things we have in common, by her sense of humor and I really enjoy being with her. I find her cute and sweet but she's not the type of woman who will make me stare at on the street. We talk daily through sms messages and we meet about one or twice a week (with common friends), both having great time.

For the last week I'm thinking the perspective of a relatioship with her, but I'm not sure if I'd really enjoy this as much I'd like to. If not, I can't see how I could get released without causing a mess at the whole companionship.

I was telling myself that I wouldn't get into a relationship without really geting amazed and impressed by a woman. But until now I haven't find "the one" (or at least she wasn't available).

And something last; She is not much demonstrative person, and she's a little bit introvert.

(I'm sorry for the low quality text, language is not my mother-tongue).

You are both still very young. This is a very good thing. You should both be enjoying yourselves right now and I think that you should be doing it together. She is interested in you. Do you really think that she doesn't know that you are not perfect? She isn't either. Stop waiting and wondering what the right person is for you. Throw your hat in the game!!! Whether or not a love connection is made doesn't matter. Just be sure to tell her where you stand and then let her make up her mind if she's ok with it or not.

After some thinking, your advice is what I'm gonna do...I'm gonna try this!!
    Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it

We are already friends, being related to each other at some point...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by deathper View Post
    We are already friends, being related to each other at some point...
    Related? Do you mean she is your cousin, or something?

(BTW - don't tell any girls you are actually interested in about your "open relationship" with that other girl. It won't go over well, believe me. Just give the other girl the boot, and don't be hanging out with any mutual friends.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

No, by saying "related" I meant that we are in some way connected (can't find a more suitable word) and we become more connected as time passes...

I don't intend to tell her about my "open relationship", but her brother (a very good friend of mine) already knows about it (although, he knows nothing about me liking his sister).

If I start dating his sister (only me and her- without the other friends) I will for sure stop any sexual act with the other girl, remaining friends, as we were before sex happened.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by deathper View Post
    If I start dating his sister (only me and her- without the other friends) I will for sure stop any sexual act with the other girl, remaining friends, as we were before sex happened.
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thank you for your help

I say go for it. Life is too short to waste time second guessing everything we do.

JR
    </snip>