+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asked a girl out to the movies, she said yes but thats last I heard from her

Asked a girl out to the movies, she said yes but thats last I heard from her

Me and this girl I like have been hitting it off here and there for over a year now. She has always been off and on with her bf which is frustrating for me because it seems like whenever I get any sort of progress with her, her bf wins her back. Anyways, they broke up (she said for good this time) and I decided to ask her out to the movies with me. It was through text cause I am wuss but here is how the conversation went...

Me: I want to go see the Dark Knight Rises but everyone around here has a bf
    Her: Dont go alone! Not everyone has a bf...
    Me: Oh really? Like who?
    Her: Haha I know this one girl... (inferring herself)
    Me: Well would you like to go with me sometime?
    Her: Yes of course
    Me: Cool when is good for you?
    Her: Well I am working all week and then moving out of my apartment at school this weekend. Sorry Im so busy!
    Me: Its no problem. How does Sunday sound? or Monday?
    Her: Thats perfect! Ill let you know when I plan on getting back from school

I thought it went well for the most part but it was also a little odd because even though she does work a lot, she usually still goes out on week nights so I dont understand why she just couldnt go out with me instead of her friends one of those nights. I didnt think too much about it though because a few hours later she was texting me about a couple inside jokes and just being flirty in general. She told me about her friend who was having people over that night but it was already late and I had decided to stay in already. She seemed alright with it and I told her Id go out with them tomorrow, then it just kinda went downhill from there.

I texted her the next day and she said the plans had changed a bit and they were going to this other place. No big deal I thought and I asked her who all was going hoping she would ask me to come with, but she never responded. Oh well, I texted later the next night and she said she was going out but then she didnt respond to my follow up text again. OK cool I guess... So I decided just to not hit her up and maybe she will let me know when she is getting back from school. Well its Monday now and I havent heard from her.

I did a little facebook stalking and one of her recent photos (posted the night after she asked me to go with her to her friends house) was of her and her ex with their arms around each other. I'm pretty much gonna go ahead and chalk it up that theyre back together but we all have the same friends and I know Im probably gonna see her out later this week or next. So I am wondering, should I even say something to her about the whole situation or just forget about it? I dont want to just let her think that its ok to do that and I have to stand up for myself right?

And the situation with her bf is ridiculous. They have been together for like 3 years and have probably broken up about 15 times and thats not an exaggeration (no lie, one of her friends said that they have broken up like 3 times in the past couple weeks). What should I even think about that? Sorry for the long post, but I appreciate any help you might have for me.

the off / on relationships never work. theres somthing they want which normaly is a form of drama or codepentancy possible fear or being alone so we go back to what we know but we dont want it.

if i knew this about a girl i would prob use my gut and let it be. maybe drop a hint that she needs a real around to stick with her but theres somthing about her and shes causing this relationship also.

you said you hit it off for a year? are you shure you not just her best friend with a penis?

you know relationship is like playing poker, never putt all your money/hope on one number/woman, if she is interested she the one who will call you back, if not move on .

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    the off / on relationships never work. theres somthing they want which normaly is a form of drama or codepentancy possible fear or being alone so we go back to what we know but we dont want it.

if i knew this about a girl i would prob use my gut and let it be. maybe drop a hint that she needs a real around to stick with her but theres somthing about her and shes causing this relationship also.

you said you hit it off for a year? are you shure you not just her best friend with a penis?
    Haha no its not like that. Let me clarify... we started hanging out amongst friends a little at the beginning of last summer. Always flirting with each other and we hooked up this one time but at the end of summer she had to go back to school 3 hours away. We kept in touch and didnt start hanging out again until the beginning of this summer but again, shes going back to school in about a month but its her last year.

So Im thinking its probably just best to let things be for now, and then maybe try things out again when she is back in town and done with school.

Stay away from girls that keep going back to their ex or a girl that is fresh out of a relationship both a waste of time. Find someone who has been single for awhile that isn't so flakey.....right oldskool? lol.