+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What The Hell Did I Do?!

What The Hell Did I Do?!

So I met this girl that worked by me. I met her about a year ago and we talked all the time and always had fun. We have a ton in common so really clicked and vibed off of each other. She had a boyfriend at the time, so I never persued anything. We didn't hardly talk much for quite some time. I decided to call her a few weeks ago and find out she's single... I ask her out and she says yes. We went out about 2 weeks ago for the first time. It was great. Laughs and fun all night. I didn't really think of it as a 'date' since is known her for so long.. But after I got home from being with her, my feelings changed. I think I really liked this girl.

We talk 4-5 days the next week after that thought texting and calling, and we go out again the next weekend. Went to a baseball game. There were a million things telling me she was into me more than a friend. The way she was talking, being really touchy feely, eye contact, giggling... It all seemed like such flirting to me. After the game, we went to a bar. Got some more drinks, shot pool, and just had a good time.. So I'm wondering if that had something to do with it? She was all over me. We get home a few hours later. I walk her to get car and hug her. Before I could even give her a kiss, she kisses me. We made out and kissed for a few minutes. I'm head over heels about this girl at this point..

We talked for a whole the next few days and everything seemed normal. She slowly started replying to texts/calls slower and slower this past week. Now she damn near won't even talk to me out of the blue. I for the life of me cannot figure out why.... I really thought we had something here, but apparently I'm missing something.

I feel like I need to just tell her what I'm feeling now and go from there, but not sure how to bring it up. I especially don't want to do it via text message, but I'm not sure how else to get ahold of her at this point... Suggestions?

Soooo many possibilities here. Could be you remind her of her ex (the way you are) or just cause she associates you to that time with her ex as you were known to her back then. One more reason might be that she got scared of getting into a relationship again and got cold feet when she realized she's into you. Then again it could be that she wants fun and you maybe coming across too serious for her right now.

Too many possibilities

I personally wouldn't tell her how your feeling at this stage - could appear slightly needy and my guess is that's the last thing she'll want after just getting out of a relationship. If I were in your situation I'd just leave it and let her come to you, don't text her or call her, and if you see her then obviously be civil with her but don't really give anything else away - let her see what she's missing when your not around, after all you know what they say 'you never realise how much you'll miss something until it's gone'.

Let us know how you get on.

Ya I haven't contacted her in a couple days now. I didn't want to put off the clingy/needy vibe... I figured she'd contact me if she really wanted to... But on the other hand I didn't want to just not say anything at all and always think of the 'what ifs' and woulda coulda shoulda... That's why I'm here now. Thanks for the replies.

If I haven't heard from her this week, do I just chalk it up as She isn't in to me and try to forget about it, or do I call her and see if she wants to go out again?

I think if she hasn't called you or spoken to you this week then just leave things - at the end of the day I think it's been made obvious that you're into her so I think telling her how you feel would be slightly pointless. It's a harsh reality but if she wanted to contact you then she would. I used to be a lot like you and think should I contact her or not, should I tell her how I feel or not and it was always the case that the second I told the girl how I felt they would be slightly freaked out - especially given the fact that I would do it pretty early on, now I try not to worry about it and things seem to work out a lot better.

Look on the bright side, you might find that in a couple of weeks her breakup doesn't seem that fresh and she has had time to think and would like to see you - don't burn your bridges by getting angry with her and bombarding her with emotional baggage.

Thanks for the replies. I'm really hoping she does contact me at some point soon. I just feel like if I never say anything to this girl, I'll never be able to get past the "crush" feelings if/when I see her again. But then again, if I say something, I may push her away and never see her again and ruin our friendship. But I definitely don't want to never see or talk to this girl again. She actually is a fairly close friend to me. It's just hard!!