+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broke up with my BF yday + told him why. He's messaging me on FB saying he's confused

Broke up with my BF yday + told him why. He's messaging me on FB saying he's confused

I love him very much but I had to end it because we were in a long distance relationship. Although our time together was amazing, being apart from him upset me too much. He was also terrible at communicating via text, etc. Sometimes he’d go three days without contacting me. It wouldn’t have been so bad if he was in touch regularly.

Anyway, he’s already been sending me messages on Facebook. I was quite shocked because he seemed to take the break up well when I ended it. We even hugged and told each other to take care.

At first he messaged me saying ‘Are you ok?’

I replied saying ‘I think it’s best we don’t talk to each other for a while. I’m sorry…’

Then he said ‘I’m a bit confused with how sudden this all is to be honest. You couldn’t stop kissing me the last time we were together and now you don’t want to talk to me? It’s a bit strange don’t you think?’

What do you think is going on in his mind, guys? When we broke up we we’re chatting for at least half an hour about why I wanted to break up, e.g. the distance, him not being attentive enough… so it’s not like he didn’t get closure.

Also, just so it's clear, I did break up with him in person.

Maybe it is a case of not knowing what he had til he lost it. Now it has dawned on him he's lost ya he may be struggling.

Otherwise, it is quite common for couples to remain in touch just after a b/up, as it's familiar and there is often a period of denial or non-acceptance following a b/up. Just stick to your NC and don't respond to his msgs. Perhaps block him on FB if that makes it easier for you.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Make him realize that you are important to him. Don't call, text or even message him through fb. That's how bad guys will be punished. Or cut your relationship though.

Quote Originally Posted by johndemi View Post
    Make him realize that you are important to him. Don't call, text or even message him through fb. That's how bad guys will be punished. Or cut your relationship though.
    good post!
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Quote Originally Posted by johndemi View Post
    oh puhleeeze ... can we leave out moralizing stuff here ..

beatrix there is no need to worry as yet. stick to your stand and things will be normal in 2-3 weeks. the breakup will be official and he will also understand clearly. engage yourself in new activities and spend time with your friends ... and do not enter into any relationship for at least 2-3 months.

all will be well. good luck !

Poor guy :/ I've been there myself. By my reckoning, if a guy cared about you enough to stay committed to you in an LDR then he must have genuinely loved you a lot. Of course he's going to be confused, even if you did explain it. He's probably more confused how it got to that point (presumably) without you discussing it with him sooner and trying to improve things.

I'm not saying you're at fault, I'm just saying that he's probably feeling very hurt and as if a big part of him has been torn away.