+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I just drop this OR should I confront her... OR am I just crazy??

Should I just drop this OR should I confront her... OR am I just crazy??

IN relation to two of my past posts.... I'll re-tell the main points of my situation:

1) Went camping with this girl... had an amazing time she wanted to see me more, we really clicked. Almost to the point where we became a couple really...
    2) As of Tuesday of last week she got really cold... didn't message as much didn't contact me as much.
    3) Went camping with her and her parents.... she was on and off the whole time. Sometimes in it other times not.
    4) On the ride back from the camping tirp I confronted her and said "I really like you, and I want to take you out on dates... take whatever we have to that next level.... are you ok with this? It's ok to say no, but I just thought I'd let you know how I feel". She says she's ok with it and that does not scare her.
    5) Since then she has not intiated one conversation. I have initiated a few... including asking her out. She said yesterday would work.
    6) I make dinner and make all these plans... she messages me at 6:00pm telling me work was hectic so we should do it "another day". I was upset but did not let her know I was upset.

Well... that brings you up to speed. She apologized about not being able to make it so I said...

"It's ok, I understand these things happen.... you just tell me when you want to hang out ok?". She just said "ok I'll do that". That was it. She also said she wanted to talk to me, facetime or whatever... she never really followed through with that though.

I made a vow I wouldn't contact her until she contacted me... she still hasn't. My gut instinct is telling me she lost interest but.... I just don't understand where I went wrong. I mean... I hope I didn't spook her in the car that one day but that's why I asked her specifically if she felt the same way and that she could be honest no matter what the answer I wouldn't be upset, I just wanted to take her out. I mean... two weeks ago this girl was ALL over me, wanted to see me more, always wondered how my day went. Now she's ICE COLD.

So... I ask you....

Should I just drop this thing entirely and never message or call her again?
    Should I confront her about this directly... or would that just scare her more?
    OR....Am I just reading too far into this? Like... am I just crazy or something? What does it honestly sound like to you?

This should be the last post I'll bring up about this girl... she just driving me crazy is all!

Leave her alone!!!! Don't call or text anymore!!! The ball is in her court, if she likes you, she'll give a sign! I think you might have scared her with being too pushy, or she just doesnt feel the same way about you. You told her to let you know when she has time to hang out, she didnt! I dont know how much time has passed, maybe not too long, maybe she's just busy.. Have patience and wait for her! If time passses and no sign, you have your answer and you should just move on.

Oh, and another thing,, just a piece of advice, if you want to use it with the next girls.. Don't tell a girl when you want to invite her out for the first time : i really like you' or 'i want to take you on dates to take it to the next level' you will scare 99% of them! Just say 'hey, wanna grab a coffee this week? Or smth like that..like its not a big deal.. And then dont plan something major for the first date..like cook for her! That's not a first date kind of thing, that's where you could've also scared her.. Play it cool, don't try to wear your heart on your sleeve on the first dates, no matter how much you like her, or you'll lose the next one too. Good luck!

Yeah... I was hoping I wasn't being too pushy. I mean, it's not like I've exploded her phone or was seriously confronting her about anything.... just that one time in the car but that was mostly just me telling her how I feel and asking her out. You're right though... obviously if she doesn't make the effort I just need to move on and forget about her. Just so disappointing though! Since not even two weeks ago she was SOOO into it. Just bizarre you know? That's never really happened to me before.

Well that's the thing though... this wasn't our first date. We've been dating for about three to four weeks, I'm not that pushy! haha. We even went camping together for her birthday and she invited me camping with her parents... AND she even suggested a bunch of "food dates" as well so... it's not as though this is the first time I've seen this girl haha. Just to bring you up to speed.

When I like a guy, I want to meet him, I want to see him, I make time for him. She knows you like her, no problem here, so if she likes you, she'll call, she'll want to meet, she'll show interest. If she doesn't, I think it's pretty clear. Now it's just a game of waiting and of you having the strength not to be the first to call or text message. I'm sorry, but the fact that you're considering to confront her when she made it pretty clear that she'll tell you when she has time, that is pushy to me, so don't. Be tough! Good luck!

Well that's why I'm asking! haha. It's not like I phoned her up and said "Hey! WTF!?" IN fact, as of now I haven't really said anything to her other than the occassional "good morning!" or "YOu ever hear of Jim Jefferies, oh my god this guy is funny" just trivial stuff like that. I really... don't feel as though I've been very pushy, I'm usually pretty good at reading on that. When I said I wanted to confront her I dont' mean anything crazy, I was just wondering if that would be the appropriate way to find out if she is interested. I just don't like women that don't have the guts to say that right away... that's why I asked her that in the car just to be sure. I mean.. .if telling someone how you feel in a respectful, non-intense way is pushy... then I guess I'm pushy. But all I said to her is that I like her and wanted to take what we have to the next level (which, considering our physical and emotional history over the last month... I don't think is that unreasonable or creepy). I also asked her twice if that scared her... to which she said "not at all". Now... I fully realize that alot of girls would rather not say anything because they think that will hurt a guys feelings and would rather just slowly cut it off (which annoys the piss out of me because it's not forthcoming at all... I'd rather she just say "sorry I'm not interested" that way I can just get over it and move on. If she does anything else other than that, that just kind of leads me on don't you think? I'm not disputing your advice, but I think you have this perception that I'm just pouring it on with this girl that I've just met or something... when that is really not the case. You are right though, if she wants it she will show interest. I'll just play a wait and see, I think that's wise.