So, like most stories start... there's this girl.

Been friends from for a while - but not super close, however we recently started texting heaps and she said, "We should hang out sometime"... so I needed to go to a shop in the shopping centre that she works at so we hung out for an hour before her shift... we just walked around, grabbed something to eat and talked. Seemed to go pretty well. Even since she seems to be throwing me mixed signals between friend zone and something else that I just can't decipher.

For example, she saw one of her friends while we were walking around and they said hi to each other. The next day I get a text saying, "My friends think your hooooo-ooooooooooot", I made some joke back and she replies, "You know the girl who I saw yesterday, she texted me to say "Good work ". The conversation changed course since - but what does that mean?? She didn't say anything awkward like, "But of-course we're not together so I didn't do good work" - we just kinda changed the topic after that.

Then today we were once again texting and she was telling me about the tradies that hit on her at work and I made some joke about how her ego must be sky high and then she says, "Yes, my ego is amazingly high, and so is yours which is why our amazing ego's are friends". If I'm not mistaken, that's a pretty friend-zone thing to say?

Anyway, we're "hanging out" before she works again this week (she got grounded so that's her only time she can get out of the house).... not sure what to make of it all.