+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Vasectomy YOIKS!!!

Vasectomy YOIKS!!!

Allright guys, I am almost 43, I have 2 kids, my wife is 43 as well. We CANNOT risk anymore pregnancies because we are against abortion, and is not healthy for her to have anymore children. With that said, I am considering a vasectomy. It is so easy to find all the good things about a vasectomy but what are the downfalls? I would like to hear about your short and long term experiences. Please keep it serious. I want as much info as I can get.

Thanks Guys

I have two daughters. After the second was born I had a vasectomy at the age of around 32. The operation was almost completely free of pain - I've had more pain at the dentists. Afterwards the very small scars healed perfectly well and after a couple of weeks I was 'back in the saddle'. Sex is just like before but with no danger of accidental pregnancy, the ejaculation seems in appearance as before. I have had absolutely no problems at all. I do not regret it for one minute.
    And I dont know if you're concerned about all this 'you're not a real man if you're not fertile' but it is just so much crap.

I had a vasectomy when I was about 23, as my wife at the time and I thought we would adopt when the time was right. I am 40 now, and am quite happy I had the vasectomy. The good things you've read aren't exaggerations (from my experience). Don't over-think this.

The only factor you need to mull over is if you are sure you don't want to get anyone pregnant (and it sounds like you've considered this fully).

If I had to list a downside, I guess I would say that occasionally if I have lengthy sex two or three times within 24 or 30 hours (this is not a frequent situation for me though) that I sometimes can get tender at the point of the surgery. I think perhaps being in a state of arousal for a longer time builds up some pressure in the passage ways (one on each side) which then become slightly tender.

The positives of no pregnancy, the spontaneity possible without condoms, and the intimacy of sex and sexual play without condoms is worth 20 times the price and 10 times the pain. Easily.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only downsides I have heard of is if it doesn't work (rare), or when the male decides he wants to have another baby (usually this happens when he hooks up with someone younger who wants one). That is why a lot of doctors won't do it until you are older. At your age, I don't see any reason to NOT do it, and it is a lot better than sticking your wife on the pill, which would expose her to a lot of unnecessary potential side effects, not to mention a decrease in libido. Personally, I think all males should do this once they are sure they don't want children.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Personally, I think all males should do this once they are sure they don't want children.
    Agree 100percent. Strangely so many men seem to think that after the big snip they would no longer be real men. They are idiots.