+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does he want?

What does he want?

Hi guys.

So heres the deal. I'm a 24 year old woman, with 2 children and a good job, and became single after 6 years a while ago. A few months ago, I ended getting in contact with an old friend, whom Ive known about 15 years, but havnt seen for about 8. I'm not used to this new relationship thing after being with my previous partner a while, so I need some help.

The guy i'm back in touch with, was crazy about me for years hen we were kids, and we had a bit of a kiss once, but nothing serious ever happened. He joined the army 8 years ago, hence the reason we lost contact. We have met up for a coffee once, and as he is away with work alot and I have children who I have no intention of introducing him to yet, (as I dont know what will happen with us yet) its not always easy to see each other, however we spend the majority of our time texting.

When all this 1st started, he said he wasnt looking for anything serious, which was fine with me, but since then, its sort of seems that way now. The texts I get are very sweet, he is very open to spending time with me doing things rather than just having sex, and we have even had a tiff when our plans to meet 2 weeks ago didnt go to plan.

Im just a little confused as to whether his feelings are different now, and dont want any of us to end up hurt. If they are, I'm happy to see how things go, as I do like him, but i just cant read the signals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.x

When all this 1st started, he said he wasnt looking for anything serious,
    Perhaps it's time to have a discussion again to define what the two of you have. Best to know if he's still at the "nothing serious" stage but you want more.

I always say when a man comes right out and says "I'm not looking for anything serious" then he usually means just that. However: you'll never know unless you ask.

Did he tell you that before or after the two of you went to bed?

Wakeup is right....you want answers you will have to discuss it with him.....we can only guess, and guessing is not accurate.

Yep... you gotta talk to him about it.

but i just cant read the signals.
    Stop trying to read the signals because everyone is on a different frequency. Just talk to him honestly and openly like an adult. Assume it's nothing special unless you two agree otherwise.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)