+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's the correct way to treat a girl?

What's the correct way to treat a girl?

Hi everyone

This question has always intrigued me - I personally am a very attentive and fairly affectionate person, and when I start to grow fond of someone I definitely show this through my text messages and the things I say etc, not really scared to express how I feel about someone.

Im currently with a girl that I know is crazy about me but she's not the most affectionate person in the world - that's just the way she is, I think it's got something to do with the fact that her family weren't that affectionate when she was growing up. She is very forward about how she feels though which is great and in some respects her not being that affectionate is a good thing because it means that when she does send me a lovey dovey text message or tells me she misses me it actually means a lot more than if she were to say that all the time. My only concern is that I don't want to appear a wimp by sending these messages to someone that isn't that affectionate. She's told me that if I miss her she loves hearing that etc. Should I just keep doing what comes naturally to me ie. being affectionate and showing my affection or should I refrain slightly?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I think you should do whatever comes natural to you. If you want to be sure, since she is so straightforward with what she feels, just ask her if she is OK with you being more affectionate than she is.

The real question is: does she love you as much as you love her?

Well we aren't in love with each other yet so that's not a problem. I do know she's crazy about me and does tend to worry that I might go off and find someone else so I think that's positive.

Just play it cool, no need to pour your heart out to someone in the early stages of a relationship. Once the "L" card is played, then ok, open it up a bit, but for now, just be the strong, tough male with the soft underside that she can just get a small hint of.

But like searock said, do what comes natural as well, if she doesn't like it, then you're not compatible.