+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To break up or not to break up?

To break up or not to break up?

So, my girlfriend and I have been together for a year and a half and we broke up yesterday. The reason for break up was because I have fetish on high heels and mini skirts and I want to go out to clubs often (with her), and she doesn't wanna do any of that. Ok, she wore heels and skirts sometimes and we went out sometimes, but not as much as I wanted and we often fought about that. Now she finally came to conclusion that I won't change and that our relationship doesnt have a future, so she broke up with me, but I agree with her conclusion.

But my problem is this: Should I change? Is high heels and skirts really good enough reason to break up? What if she's the one for me, and I never again meet a girl I like as much as her? Because most of our relationship was great, it was just this few details that made problems.

And I don't know what to do now... I got the feeling that she doesn't really wanna break and expects me to "change" and not bother her with this again. But why would I change? It's my fetish, it's nothing to weird, why can't she change and be ok with it? As I said, she does wear it sometimes, but I just get the feeling it isn't enough for me. But what if I meet a new girl who also doesn't do it enough? And again and again and I realise I wasted a great relationship over this? Sure, for some time I think I would be happier without her, going out, meeting new girls. But what if after some time I realise I miss her and it's too late?

She also told me "don't start meeting girls right away", so I really got the feeling that she actually wants us to be together again. But I'm a guy, I'm horny, I just wanna go out and meet some girls in heels. I don't wanna break up, but I dont wanna change... I'm so torn inside, my mind tells me to change and my penis tells me to break up...

Btw, I'm 24... I know I'm young and my friends tell me "you'll meet someone better", and I know that I probably will, but still, there is a chance I don't... What if I break up now just to satisfy my needs for some time, but then I spend the rest of my life thinking about her and missing her and what if I'm never really happy again?

You might meet the ideal girl. You might not. How the **** are we meant to know. And your ex telling you to wait to meet girls - none of her ****ing business now is it?

I think you should kill yourself in the gnarliest way possible. Slit your own throat.

Well as said we can't really promise you anything, BUT relationships are about sacrifies, respect and mutual consent. You have a fetish, and this girl does not like it, if you don't accept that then you also don't respect her, she has dressed up for you on occasion this shows me that she respects you, so the question becaomes are you willing to sacrifices you fetish, if so do it and try make the relationship work, but if you can not make the sacrifices, then I suggest to move on and find a girl who you either want to make the sacrifices for or that likes to dress up that way.