+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure on to deal with this issue.

Not sure on to deal with this issue.

Ok a few days ago in the morning my gf is taking off to work and says can you take the dog out to pee. Yeah sure no problem right? But no! I can't stand it when she insists on reminding me every single day. I'm a grown man and don't need to be reminded of my responsibillitys. I told her exactly that. I didn't say it in a harsh tone but it was stern. Minor incident right? No! She hasn't spoken to me since. I sent her a text today saying can we just get over the silent treatment already? She text me back say you frustrate me and I don't want to say anything because you'll lash out at me. Its been like this for four days already. I hate coming home and feeling uncomfortable that's exactly how she makes me feel. I'm 28 she's 25 but she doesn't seem to listen to any advice I give her even if I have experience in something and I'll give pointers on how to it better she'll I can do it by myself jeez leave me alone. I'm tired of her telling me to leave me alone we are a couple we need to work things out. I'm looking for possibly someone who has been in this situation before, what advice do you have?

Why have you posted this twice? :/

i put it under love advice first then figured id get a better response out of ask a female

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How much nicer it would have been if you had simply told her sweetly (rather than "sternly") that you love the dog, and will take it out to pee, or even just said "yes". Why is it necessary to be a prick about it? She probably just wanted to clarify since she didn't take the dog out herself.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Here is the link to the other thread: http://www.loveforum.net/threads/68745-Not-sure-how-to-deal-with-this-issue . Next time, OP, don't double post.

I agree with vashti. Also, what makes you think that, since you're 28, you have the right to tell her how to live her life - or even just to expect her to thank you every time you give her advice, and actually follow it? You are both adults, 3 years aren't a big difference once you're over 20, so stop being so patronizing. You seem to think that she should do whatever *you* think is right, and you get pissed if she just reminds you to do something.
    Last edited by searock; 08-09-12 at 09:18 PM.

I call this the spilled orange juice incident. My mother in law spilled orange juice one morning and my father in law just lost it on her. Your situation is no different....there are deeper issues going on in your relationship, and this incident is making it all come to the surface. She needs to relax and just say whatever is on her mind, and you need to kool your attitude and listen. You both need to learn to communicate with each other. There is definitely a need to "clear the air".

I am on your side on this one....the silent treatment is childish and immature. She needs to grow a set and talk to you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by menix83 View Post
    she doesn't seem to listen to any advice I give her even if I have experience in something and I'll give pointers on how to it better
    How about stop being such a pompous ass. If she needs your opinion about something she will come to you when she needs it. So shut it.

Tip: Nobody likes a Mr. Know-it-all!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I am on your side on this one....the silent treatment is childish and immature. She needs to grow a set and talk to you about it.
    I'm betting she tried, other times, to talk to him as an adult, and it ended with him getting angry and snapping back at her. So that's why now she's doing the silent treatment thing - which is undoubtedly childish and immature regardless.

Oh I know that's why...I'm no idiot. The guy is a block head......too dense to see it.

Girls don't like to be told what to do and it sounds like you do this a lot. If she does things in a certain way just leave her to do it, thats how she wants to do it.