+ Follow This Topic

Thread: are girls turned off by guys that are feminine?

are girls turned off by guys that are feminine?

hey girls.

so i would love your opinions on something.

Around women, I'm always conscious about not being masculine enough. By nature, Im not the masculine type of guy. I mean, i go to the gym and have quite a muscular body, but Im by no means the asshole, alpha male kind of guy in terms of personality - im the sensitive caring kind of guy.

NOw, i have been seeing my gf for a few months now. And she loves Sausage dogs/Daschunds, and I do too (in fact i love most small dogs, but in particular, sausage dogs are my favourite, and if i see one in the street, i lose my shit a little bit, and get a bit clucky lol) and my gf and i always talk about how we're gonna get two sausage dogs and call them bert and ernie. anyways, last night i found this video on youtube of 3 sausage dogs running on a treadmill. naturally i couldnt contain myself haha. so i sent a her a facebook message with the video in it, describing how "ridiculously cute" it was, and that we should actually have three sausage dogs so they can run on the treadmill together with little matching Everlast hoodies and tracksuits. Even though this was a bit of a joke, it was also quite a "girly" thing of me to say, in stead of being masculine. i know thats ridiculous, but i just worry that that kind of stuff turns a girl off.

Are girls turned off by guys like me? like, the way i refer to "cute" dogs etc. Its really not very masculine is it? I know i shouldnt change who i am to please someone else, but maybe i should just be conscious of it and try tone it down a bit. I just worry that its going to drive my gf away (admittedly we're currently in the honeymoon stage of the relationship, where hormones are out of balance, so im probably overthinking thigs). at the end of the day, we have confessed our love for each other, so if she is turned off by such a thing, surely she won't just leave me over something like that.

i will also add that whilst this kind of behavior might be a turn off to girls, the plus side of being the sensitive type of guy means that we can openly talk about feels and emotions together, which i imagine to be a plus.

anyways, this all probably sounds ridiculous, but i just cant help but worry about these sort of things.

any help to put my mind to ease would be much appreciated.

thanks!
    Last edited by livingthedream; 14-09-12 at 09:16 AM.

Forget all this 'alpha male' bullshite whatever that is. I have enough self confidence to ignore such stupid labels. I can cook, iron, and even sew. BUT my gf still thinks I"m man enough for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Forget all this 'alpha male' bullshite whatever that is. I have enough self confidence to ignore such stupid labels. I can cook, iron, and even sew. BUT my gf still thinks I"m man enough for her.
    Stop pretending you have a gf ya french cunt. Sewings for women and queers.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    Stop pretending you have a gf ya french cunt. Sewings for women and queers.
    If I wasn't busy doing my crochet I'd come over there and thump you.