+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Having a tough time....

Having a tough time....

Hmm...sorry in advance it's a bit of a long read....

So here was what happened....met this girl at a reception, noticed her checking me out and through a friend and a family member found out she liked me. I asked her out and we hung out about 4 to 5 times...making out on her couch and making plans to do things. Then...

She said she had a exam she was taking through work and would be busy and couldn't hang out. My response was fine...message me after and we will hang out. A week went by and no response from her (not even a message saying hi). I waited after her exam and still nothing. A couple of days went by and I messaged her saying hi! While talking to her it seemed like she was being evasive, and wasn't interested in talking so i asked her- "just curious, do you even want to talk or hangout, just confused cause I know you have been busy, but at the same time too it seems like you have lost interest." (I said this because I didn't want to keep msg'ing her if she wasn't interested). Her response to that was that she was "juggling a few things." She called the next day. I got mad at her on the phone because she was not messaging. She said that I was being rude, thought I was getting too attached and said we shouldn't talk to each other any more. She later went on to say that she was busy with work and family stuff and was going to contact me later in the week.

After realizing that I was rude with her on the phone, I ended up applogizing to her. She replied by saying she was the one that was sorry for being neglectful and said that she was not ready for a relationship and that we should go our own way.

Its been a few months now...I tried the No Contact for a month, then messaged her, and she did reply, but that went nowhere....

Im having a real tough time getting over this one!!

I know its was only 4-5 times of hanging out...and I feel stupid for feeling this way. I've tried dating other women, but can't give them the full attention they deserve because im still thinking about her.

Was I at fault? Was she at fault? Should I have not gotten mad? How do I get over this one? Please let me know.....

You were too needy and intense. Learn from it and move on. This girl is a lost cause, you just have to accept that and get over it as best you can.
    "... Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

Move on boy. there so many people on the world you can see...

No one was at fault, you two were looking for different things. No use crying over spilled milk, this is done and over with. Time to find someone new.

There is no golden rule that says that relationships should always work out. And the No Contact 'rule' is just so much bullshit. Grow up. Move on. Plenty of other girls out there. Go and find one and stop being a baby.