+ Follow This Topic

Thread: after break up in debt? advice please

after break up in debt? advice please

well its now been nearly a month since me and my partner split up, and the thing is when we was together the i was the only one with a bank account, and our money that we had together and earned all went into my bank, so what ever we got together went in my name, and over a year of hardship in 2011 the worse year ever, we ended up in debt with quiet a few different companies, and also after the break up finding that hed also had other debts out in my name without telling me as he'd set them up on line. and just left them to accumilate.
    all in all the debts around up to £24,000, which majority of the debt is a personal loan on a car, i cant drive and dont own a driving licence. but because its in my name im responsable for them.
    i have been to seek advice about the debts and been told to go for bankruptcy, which i am going to do, and when i told my x partner that i was looking into it, he said he would raise the £545 for me to do it as a help. So after i have seeked advice and set the ball going he is now turning round saying will have to do it when he can afford it, even tho he works and gets a good £1400 a month, i got to wait, so not happy he is getting off scott free with every thing and its me that is getting blacklisted and having to live with this for 6 years. and he now making it hard for us to clear the last bit of the split up.

im wondering if i should go ahead and pay for the bankruptcy my self and just charge him on the quiet, or should i ask for at least some of the cash back in my hand as its me thats got to live with this. advice please

It sucks, but you were really dumb to give someone else your information like that. You should be able to file some type of charges against him for forging your signature, since he would have to do so in order to get a loan.