+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Female friends!

Female friends!

Hi everyone.

Okay so basically I'm stuck in a bit of a predicament - I have a new female friend who I met when I went to a party and we just became friends and started talking, she's 100% aware that I have a girlfriend and Im fairly certain she wouldn't try anything - completely irrelevant anyway because I love my girlfriend and wouldn't cheat on her. The problem is I made friends with this girl while I was in a relationship and my girlfriend doesn't know that we chat and that I occasionally meet her for a drink, purely because I don't want her to think I'm looking elsewhere (she can get very defensive at times) - in fact she doesn't even know this girl exists. Anyway my girlfriend isn't free tonight and I'm not doing anything and my friend has asked if I fancy watching a film at hers, I do really want to go but I don't know what I should and shouldn't do really - should I go or should I not?!

I moved here a few years ago and due to getting my new business up and running it's only been recently that I've started to make friends so I don't want to begin alienating all my friends because of my girlfriend, especially my female friends. I think it's extremely important to both have separate lives away from each other so that we don't start depending on each other for happiness - that's when problems begin to occur to even the strongest of couples.

I guess what I'm wanting to know is is it wrong of me to keep this girl a secret from my girlfriend or should I tell her? The thing is if I tell her then I think she'll think that I've broken her trust and that I'm straying from her - she told me the other night over dinner that she sometimes worries that I'm looking for someone better - which is completely unfounded and absurd. I think it'd be different if I'd known this girl for a long time - like before me and my girlfriend got together, but because it's a new friendship I think it'd seem suspicious.

Any advice you guys can offer would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance.

Do not go over to this girls to watch a movie. Do tell your girlfriend about this friend, because right now you are lying by omission which is as bad as lying directly.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

If you go over to 'watch a film', next thing you know she will be unzipping your pants and you know, one thing leads to another...

Don't go over and tell your partner about this girl, otherwise I see this ending badly

Let's just cut the bullshit because if this new friend of yours it her hand down your trowsers you'd be knee deep in pussy witin 10 mins. You know this as well but somehow you like to lie to yourself by keeping her secret. Hilarious dude!!

I actually have self control - I wouldn't cheat on my girlfriend, I have never cheated on any previous girlfriends and am a firm believer in being loyal - if I wanted to sleep with someone else then I wouldn't be with my girlfriend. She is purely a friend.

She may be purely a friend and you may never cheat but you keeping this girl a friend even though doing so would upset your girlfriend is highly suspicious.
    Surely if you were single you'd already be involved with this girl. If that weren't the case you wouldn't have to keep assuring yourself she is just a friend.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

You need to not go over there tonight. You also need to tell your girlfriend about her. If your girlfriend flips and forbids you from being friends I tend to think there are issues. Relationships are built on trust. If she can't trust you around others it may time to reevaluate whether your relationship is headed in the right direction.

You should be honest with your girlfriend - I'm a firm believer that a relationship should be based on trust & honesty. You're not being honest with her, and it sounds like she doesn't trust you. You shouldn't feel the need to keep this friend a secret because she's a girl. Talk to your girlfriend... if she throws a strop about it, maybe you need to be looking at your relationship with her and asking is it worth it.