+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it okay to keep him around

Is it okay to keep him around

My girlfriend and I took a break after almost two years. During that time she made a guy friend, messed
    Around with him, slept over a few times, text him all the time and lied to me about her whereabouts, actions, etc. the entire time. I know we were broken up up she knew I was bing faithful and trying to work it out. We were still seeing each other, talking and even sleeping together, just no official title of bf/gf.

Obviously her physical actions and emotional attachment to him hurts but was since in her mind single okay. The lying was not okay.

We are now back together again and working on us but trust is a big concern. She has come clean about all that has happened down to the painful little details but says they never had sex.

My question is should I be okay with the fact that she wants to keep him around as a friend or as a woman that loves a man and wants to be with him should it be clear that this will keep the wound open and is not only disrespectful but absurd. She only knew the guy a week and we have fought a lot about it. She is still Facebook friends and thinks I'm out of line to ask her to give up a friend, and severe all ties.

Am I out of line or right to protect the relationship and our future by insisting these type of relationships are not healthy?

I understand your concern, but why are you jealous/worried about that guy? You should trust your partner. I think maybe you are worried that she'll turn to him if things get rough between the two of you and she'll cheat/have a rebound ready if you guys finalize a break up. I think your feelings do matter and she should do what makes your comfortable. But relationships are about compromise. You two need to find some common ground and meet in the middle some how.

But you should be her number one guy. However she may want him around to have a male companion to ask for advice if things get hectic between you two.

It's a touchy subject. Are you normally a jealous person? Or do you just have a gut feeling about this particular guy? I don't think she needs to cut all ties with him, however she should no longer be staying at his place, etc.

As long as she isn't showing signs of cheating or emotional comfort in this fella, I see no reason for concern mate.
    As long as your mumma love you, don't ever love a woman..