+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is going on here?

What is going on here?

I have been great friends with this girl for around two years, with her considering me to be one of her best friends. Recently I have started to feel stronger feelings towards her, but have not acted upon them in case of rejection and the deterioration of our friendship.

We have everything in common yet we always seem to constantly become closer and then drift apart. For example, in social situations with other people, sometimes we will connect and be content with each other for hours, whilst other times we will greet each other and not communicate for a whole evening. In saying this, there is consistent and ongoing flirting and there has been instances where we end up in intimate situations (intoxicated), where neither of us has initiated anything. Being in the same social group we tend to see each other every day, but are always with other friends. We have hung out alone a few times but nothing has escalated further. I asked her out last week but alas she was busy and suggested that we hang out this week instead, which may give me some more insight into what is happening. How can I tell if she wants to hang out because we are friends or for another reason?

My question really is just regarding the situation. I have no idea how to try and make this progress, or if there is even grounds for anything to happen.

Stop being a pussy and go in for a kiss. You'll get your answer then. Don't lie to yourself by saying you care about this friendship. You want to **** this girl, and you have since day 1. Grow some balls or just drop the girl and move on.

Why fear rejection? The worst that can happen is she stop you when you try to make a move, which everyone has had happen to them in their lifetime. Make a move, I think you will be fairly pleased with the result anyway, based on what you told us.
    As long as your mumma love you, don't ever love a woman..