+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm stupid!

I'm stupid!

Over a year or so I’ve developed feelings for a classmate of mine. We’ve grown quit close and I consider us to be friends. He’s always helping me out and we talk about all kinds of things. However we are both in a relationship. This is the reason why I didn’t want to tell him about my feelings. However I’ve made the most stupid mistake today. I accidently sent him a text message that was meant for another friend. The text message was about him and his girlfriend, when I realized what I had done I felt sick to my stomach. The message was clear, he must know now that I have more than friendly feelings for him. However the strange and terrible thing is, he hasn’t responded in any way. I left him another message today asking him if he understood that the message obviously wasn’t meant for him, he hasn’t responded to that either. Tomorrow I’ll see him again at school, but I just cannot face him. I don’t know what to say I feel completely embarrassed. I have absolutely no idea what his feelings are. There were some mixed signals from his side, but since we’re both in a relationship, it’s all very complicated. . . So what should I do? And why does he not respond?

Maybe he respects his relationship enough to see that you are a threat to it. Break up with your boyfriend, since you're just passing time with him, and allow him to find someone who actually appreciates him.

Ya cunt.

The message must have been a bad one and now he sees you in a different light. I bet he's gonna walk right past you without a glance.

Move schools, save yourself the embarrassment of facing him
    As long as your mumma love you, don't ever love a woman..

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalWogBoy View Post
    Move schools, save yourself the embarrassment of facing him
    Oh please. You're just telling her to run away for the rest of her life about this little problem. Probably in the future, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekDrake View Post
    Oh please. You're just telling her to run away for the rest of her life about this little problem. Probably in the future, too.
    Was a mere joke Drizzy
    As long as your mumma love you, don't ever love a woman..

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    The message must have been a bad one and now he sees you in a different light. I bet he's gonna walk right past you without a glance.
    The message wasn't mean or anything, it was something like: I finally saw him again, but his girlfriend came round. ugh. . .

It just shows that I can't really stand seeing them together.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Maybe he respects his relationship enough to see that you are a threat to it. Break up with your boyfriend, since you're just passing time with him, and allow him to find someone who actually appreciates him.

Ya cunt.
    I do not wish to start a relationship with him. Like I said I didn't want to tell him about my feelings because we are both in a relationship and I do respect that. I feel very bad about having developed feelings for someone else, I'm was wainting for them to pass. I never meant for him to know.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You obviously have enough feelings for him that you've shared that with a friend (the one the text was originally intended for). I mean, you certainly weren't texting that to your bf now were you?

The point is, if you've developed feelings for someone else while in a relationship, it's obvious your current partner is lacking something in your eyes. If I found out my husband was crushing on some girl I'd be mortified. Why don't you just break up with your boyfriend? In other words, spare him. He deserves somebody that isn't looking over the fence to see if the grass is greener.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    You obviously have enough feelings for him that you've shared that with a friend (the one the text was originally intended for). I mean, you certainly weren't texting that to your bf now were you?

The point is, if you've developed feelings for someone else while in a relationship, it's obvious your current partner is lacking something in your eyes. If I found out my husband was crushing on some girl I'd be mortified. Why don't you just break up with your boyfriend? In other words, spare him. He deserves somebody that isn't looking over the fence to see if the grass is greener.
    Why don't I just break up? Because I've been with my boyfriend since I was 16 years old, I am 26 now. I love him very much, we're living together. Do you really think I should give up this relationship because after 10 years I've developed a crush on someone else? I think the reason why I started to develop a crush is because I was very young when I got into this relationship. But me and my boyfriend have been through so much and I do care for him. And yes, I do tell my friend about my feelings, what am I supposed to do, not talk to anyone about it, keep it all bottled up? Why would I break up relationship with a guy who I love very much for a crush?

I'm not trying to get with this guy, in fact I'm trying to stay away from him, but I see him on daily basis, and yes, it bothers me when I see him with his GF, because I have a crush on him, so it did hurt a little, it's just a messed up situation.

Well chances are you've crossed the point of no return with your classmate. Don't know what else to tell you, sorry.

As for your bf you really do need to consider more carefully whether or not he's everything you're looking for in a bf. I'm not saying to never so much as look at another guy but your reaction to seeing your classmate with his gf is pretty extreme for you already being in what you claim to be a loving relationship with your bf. You truly being in love with your bf + you not being able to stand seeing another guy you have a crush on with his gf = invalid equation. Even if we give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're tellin the truth about not intending to hook up with this classmate of yours it still sounds like on the inside you want him more than your current bf.

Why would being very young when you got into this relationship have anything to do with you developing another crush? Only reason I can think of is the fact taht you skipped out on playing the field and are therefore repressed and now your ID is telling you that it wants you to play the field...not exactly a reassuring point to coexist with your proclamations that you love your current bf and are ready to continue being committed to him.

As for why he's not responding...it's hard to say. Maybe because he feels awkward around you now. Maybe he has too much respect for his gf to continue associating with you because he knows how much it would bother her if she knew. Or maybe she does know and cracked the whip on his ass to stop talking to you lol. Any which way you look at it the dynamic between the 2 of you is ****ed unless you mutually decide to cheat on your significant others with each other, or leave them for each other. Not saying either of them are the right thing to do but it's the only way you and your classmate can continue associating with each other imo. Otherwise it will just be awkward as **** until you finally go your separate ways from each other. Neither of them are great outcomes but that's what some situations come down to.

Chalk this up to experience and learn from it for the future...that's the best thing you can hope to get out of a situation this shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne80 View Post
    Why don't I just break up? Because I've been with my boyfriend since I was 16 years old, I am 26 now. I love him very much, we're living together. Do you really think I should give up this relationship because after 10 years I've developed a crush on someone else? I think the reason why I started to develop a crush is because I was very young when I got into this relationship. But me and my boyfriend have been through so much and I do care for him. And yes, I do tell my friend about my feelings, what am I supposed to do, not talk to anyone about it, keep it all bottled up? Why would I break up relationship with a guy who I love very much for a crush?

I'm not trying to get with this guy, in fact I'm trying to stay away from him, but I see him on daily basis, and yes, it bothers me when I see him with his GF, because I have a crush on him, so it did hurt a little, it's just a messed up situation.

Yes keep it to yourself. It's normal to find someone else desirable, just don't act upon it, and if it gets too bad stop spending time with them. This will happen again over your lifetime......it just depends on how you are able to handle it. Telling someone your feelings is the start of stepping over the line. That's a step that shows you are getting yourself into trouble, this is starting to jeopardize your relationship as you let your feelings grow.

Yes you are right it's time to cut all contact with him...I'm sure he will do the same.

Don't worry hun, I'm sure your BF has been mackin on a few girls too.

Whatever goes on in your head is no ones business and you shouldn't make it anyone's business either. Just recognize for what it is, and deal with it accordingly....stay away from that person, and preoccupy your thought with something else.

Too add, no matter what you say about your 10 year relationship, there's trouble there that you need to recognize.....it's the fact that you have carried on with your feelings to a point that you know it's wrong but you would have kept doing it if that text wasn't sent to him. It's time for you to reassess your relationship with your BF, and see if this matter is a sign of something and don't try to ignore it....it needs to be addressed.

Should we take a poll? Who thinks she's going to cheat? Or better yet, should we do an over/under and just bet on how long it takes her?

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne80 View Post
    The message wasn't mean or anything, it was something like: I finally saw him again, but his girlfriend came round. ugh. . .

It just shows that I can't really stand seeing them together.
    That's insult enough. It's shows you like him, but can't stand her......that's what he got out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast