+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?! :(

What should I do?! :(

Hello everyone I hope you can help me because I'm feeling really really depressed right now and it's all because of a guy...

So, on Sunday, I went to visit a friend of mine. I haven't seen him in a while because he lives a couple hours away from me. I was about to go home and then, his room mate came home. And then it happened, I instantly fell in love with him. I never believed in 'love at first sight' but suddenly it happened to me. He introduced himself, smiled at me and said "goodbye". He seemed really sweet and all. As I left the building I saw him standing by the window, staring at me.

When I got home, I sent him a friend request on Facebook and wrote him a short message, so he'd know who exactly I am. I accepted my request but didn't reply. I thought about messaging him again but since I'm too shy I didn't. I thought that it might be annoying and maybe he doesn't want to talk to me, so yeah...

Yesterday, I went to see my friend again because he and his room mate are leaving the country today (they are both from Russia) and they won't come back until March or April. My friend's room mate was there too but this time, he wasn't all nice and sweet. He barely looked at me and didn't smile. He didn't even say "hello" or "goodbye".

My friend told me that he's always acting like that in front of 'strangers' and I should just ignore him. But I can't. I didn't tell my friend that I like his room mate, because I know, my friend is into me. I don't want them to fight or something.
    Later he told me, that his roomie never replies to messages (from a girl) or he sends a really short, unfriendly, sarcastic reply.

He seems to be annoyed really fast...but I just can't forget him. Should I message him anyways?

I don't want to write something 'boring' like "hey, how are you?" because his answer to this would be "normal" or something like that. He also ignores questions like "what are you doing?"...he doesn't like to be asked (personal) questions by people he doesn't know really well. But that's actually the only way for me to get to know him better Since he's out of the country, I won't be able to meet him but I don't want to wait until he's back either.

The thing is, I just want to get to know him a little bit better and become friends. It doesn't have to be a relationship. I just want him to be a part of my life... Talking to him online would be the only way...
    He seems to distance himself from others and won't let anybody get close to him. and he doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment, so that's not the reason why he's acting like that.

If he gets annoyed by someone on FB, he deletes (and blocks) them. And since he gets annoyed really really fast, I'm not sure if I want to risk it.
    For example, he's always online on FB, even if he's busy. But how am I supposed to know if he's got some time or not? If you interrupt him, he gets kinda snappish, according to my friend. And if I asked him, if he's got some time to talk, his reply would be "ok, you have five minutes"... not really nice huh?

I really want to message him but I don't want to be treated like that or being ignored. I've had so many disappointments in my life and this one would be the worst I guess...not even kidding. I don't think my friend would help me to get to know him because he know that I'd just get hurt but there has to be a way...

I hope anybody here can help me. I don't want to give up on him just yet. Not without a fight.

It seems like you're putting too much emphasis on small things, like him not replying to a facebook message and not observing basic social courtesies such as saying "hello" and "goodbye". Sometimes, I don't do those things or have to remind myself to do them. Maybe he's like that. People can often come off as being in a bad mood or unfriendly, but really that's not the case.

Another factor may be the fact that he's from a different culture. Different cultures have different standards of communication and what is considered 'polite'.

As for how to contact him, I'd advise you just try facebook. If he replies, then you've at least got something going. If he doesn't, just leave it. If he blocks you, then you can see that you two obviously aren't compatible - you apparently annoy him. It would be good to just risk a message and see whether he's receptive or not, rather than troubling yourself about whether to send it or not. Wish you luck.

I'm sorry but I think this guy is a dick. Your friend lives with him and knows him the best and he has outlined the various ways in which he can be hurtful towards people. Its not acceptable in any culture to be rude and thats the impression he is giving off. What if you did get together with him - how do you think he would treat you? Do you think that someone like that can change - doubtful. You said that you had a lot of disappointments in your life and I reckon if you got together with this guy it would be another disappointment. You should forget him and let him leave and focus on someone that can treat you right and someone that can be pleasant in your company.