+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel like it's a waste...

I feel like it's a waste...

Hi.. I need help on what to do next...

I met a girl through text messages and calls because she saw the number I posted over the internet. She's a really intelligent girl and we instantly clicked. It's like she's my soulmate. We like almost the same things and hate almost the same things and share the same perspective on a lot of things, like politics, relationships, family, school, etc.

I can say that she's the RIGHT person for me. But the reason why she looked for someone to talk to in the first place was to move on from her ex (w/c is her long-time bestfriend as well). She's still in college and the problem is, especially when we were in an official intimate relationship... is her ex is her classmate on almost all subjects. So she has to see her almost 5 times a week or more. They also have the same circle of friends and they also have to see each other during parties or events. Her ex, also hasn't moved on and is chasing her.

Our relationship crumbled because it was too much for me to have her ex always by her side while I'm not. She also admitted that it's difficult for her because she's a transparent person and her ex can see that she hasn't moved on too much as well. She loves me and afraid to hurt me more so she broke up with me. I've been miserable for weeks now because of the break up. Because every time I think about it, it feels like she just broke up with me to be with her ex and is sleeping with him.

It also got me confused because ever since she broke up with me, she's been drinking too much... w/c is clearly a sign that she's sad because of the breakup. She said she's confused and feels guilty liking both of us at the same time. I'm trying to move on now... and last night, she accidentally answered my call and didn't know i'm on the line for about 30 minutes just listening to their party. She seemed so happy, laughing and joking. So I thought... I guess she's not that sad about our breakup and even though she's drinking a lot, she's still laughing and happy.

And oddly, it makes me feel better that she's happy. Like I'm wishing her to have a good life, even though I'm not that happy without her.

I just feel like it's a waste because I finally found a perfect girl, a perfect match, but ended up losing her... any thoughts, guys? Should I really just move or keep chasing her?

Quote Originally Posted by uap5765 View Post
    She loves me and afraid to hurt me more so she broke up with me.
    What a load of absolute shit. That's a classic line. Listen dude, if you were so perfect for each other then you'd still be together wouldn't you. So take your head out of your ass, recognise the reality of the situation and move on.

I'm not the one who said that. She said it and that's the reason she said for leaving me.

Thank you for the polite advice. It's very inspiring and I'm now motivated to move on.
    Last edited by uap5765; 07-10-12 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uap5765 View Post
    I'm not the one who said that. She said it and that's the reason she said for leaving me.
    No... you're the one that believed her when she fed you that line.

However rudely couched, Boisdevie is correct. She fed you a bullshit line to let you down easy, and that's all she did. She wasn't the one. Maybe the next one is. Try dating locally next time.

Yes, I'm doing my best to move on nowadays. There are just times like I feel an impulse to talk to her again and like I worry for her. I don't really like thinking ill of other people, sometimes I want to focus more on the positive side of things. But I guess this case is an exemption.

I sincerely thank you for the advice.