+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Being celibate...

Being celibate...

I would never have envisioned it before, but I find that I am becoming less and less interested in relationships at the age of 29. I just feel cheerfully content currently and have no desire to go out and form another relationship or to have sex. I don't know why but it's got me thinking. Many of me friends are in long term relationships or entering into them now with a view to settling down, but they all have problems which I don't have or want. Maybe it's just a phase or maybe I have reasoned my way out of relationships. Anyone else ever feel this way? I was out recently and having a conversation with 2 girls in a bar, both trying to get all of my attention, I couldn't wait to get away LOL WTF?

It sounds like you are becoming a homosexual. There is a good poster on here called cerby if you need any advice.

Hahah no that's not the case. I am not attracted to men. I am still attracted to women but it is as like I have lost interest in pursuing them.

Could be a phase, could be the person you're becoming - doesn't really matter. Just chase what it is you want when you want it and don't worry about what might change in the future. Certainly, don't fake it just to try to feel "normal" - all you will do is hurt feelings when they realize you're really not interested.

I think there is a lack of good women out there for relationship material. I wouldn't even consider looking in a bar, unless you just want sex. Which is only what more and more women want these days. And there are plenty of men who will accommodate them. If you are content being single, no need to change anything. Enjoy yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    I wouldn't even consider looking in a bar, unless you just want sex. Which is only what more and more women want these days.
    Excellent sweeping generalisation.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    I think there is a lack of good women out there for relationship material. I wouldn't even consider looking in a bar, unless you just want sex. Which is only what more and more women want these days. And there are plenty of men who will accommodate them. If you are content being single, no need to change anything. Enjoy yourself.
    I think I have lost touch with youth culture or maybe my youth has just finished, which is fine. Clearly I am getting older, because I no longer enjoy the things I used to, like bars and nightclubs and drugs etc. I cannot bare such a lifestyle now. Maybe it's the women I keep coming into contact with, I am bored, but not unhappily so. I've been thinking that perhaps at this time of life, approaching 30, people either start worrying themselves sick about finding someone if they haven't already, or they just stop caring entirely.

Usually age 30 is a point in your life where things sorta come together and you see the bigger picture in life. You r more comfortable in your own skin and therefore more confident in what u want in life. If a chick ain't worth it, what's the point in wasting time and possible STD. The right one will come along one day and u will just know