+ Follow This Topic

Thread: loving 2 people, how do YOU make a decision?

loving 2 people, how do YOU make a decision?

if you love 2 people (male, female, herma, ...) how do you choose someone?

if you're in a relationship with one of them? (i'm most interested in this one ^^)
    if you're single?
    if one of them is your ex?

fire away!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Assuming no complicating factors (children), I'd choose the one who treats me best and shares my values. Mutual love, respect, appreciation.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

1. In general, choose the second person, because if the relationship with the first one was good enough, there wouldn't be a second person.

2. If you're already in a relationship, focus on the relationship and ignore other potential partners. Break that policy, and you will undermine every relationship that you are in, because there is hypothetically always somebody better out there. Otherwise break up and go for the other person, because of #1 above.

3. If you're single, keep dating both and keep trying to figure out your priorities.

4. Your ex is probably your ex for more than a couple of reasons. Unless both of you have become better people and are still compatible, your relationship is likely to fail for the same reasons it failed the first time around.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Whoever makes the best sandwiches. Love and attraction will eventually fade with everyone, but good sandwich making is eternal. Most women will annoy the **** out of you once you get bored pumping them, and if she cant make a decent black pudding sandwich, you have to go through all the trouble of finding another.

I cant comment on the "herma" thing, but there is a regular poster on here who is one and might help you if he/she comes online. Cerby hes called, hes a good guy/gal.

If you are indecisive about choosing who to be with, that means they may have certain aspects you find attractive with each one but none of them are the complete package. iamaninnicentma is right. In order to choose the right partner, you have to look at the long term after the infatuation wears off, and things get routine. You have to rely on compatibility, and other things, to keep things going happily and to keep things interesting.

Use a coin, buddy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

it's not for me (what you probably won't believe)
    but i was the 3th wheel
    so i'm interested in opinions