+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I slept with him, have I wrecked it??

I slept with him, have I wrecked it??

I went away for the weekend with some friends. I met a really nice guy there and we spent a lot of time together, as well as spending time with the large group of friends that were there. I have met him once before but very breifly. We were all drinking a fairly large amount and by the end of the night I don't exactly remember how but we ended up sleeping together. Things were not awkward at all the next morning. We gave each other a nice long hug before going our seperate ways and he mentioned how he should get my number. The car I was getting into was ready to go though and there were a lot of people around so didn't get to talk much after that. He ended up adding me on Facebook later that night and sent through a few photos he had taken of me and my friends as he thought we would like copies of them. I said awww thank you and that they looked great with a smiley face. I Haven't heard from him since? Im going with the whole if they dont make enough effort then theyre obviously not interested as I have in the past and its backfired. We are both in our mid twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by smexygirl89 View Post
    ou Im going with the whole if they dont make enough effort then theyre obviously not interested as I have in the past and its backfired.
    Here's a wacky idea. Given it's the 21st century and everything. Why not make an effort if YOU are interested. Or are you stuck in the past and think it's the mans job to do the pursuing?

.... while you're pursuing (if you choose that route) just don't set yourself up to be his booty call. That is if you don't want to be he booty call, then don't set yourself up as one.

Talk to the man honestly about what you would like to see happen and what you don't want to see happen as you get to know one another. Do that before you **** him again. Nothing is guaranteed of course but if you're honest with yourself and with him, then at least you'll both know without ambiguity what you're trying to acomplish.

Thing is, before you can talk to him honestly, you honestly need to know what you really want. Figure that out first.

Im going with the whole if they dont make enough effort then theyre obviously not interested as I have in the past and its backfired.
    He already made the effort. He friended you on FB and he sent you pics. The ball is in your court. If you don't show interest now it's over, he'll move on.

Here's a wacky idea. Given it's the 21st century and everything. Why not make an effort if YOU are interested. Or are you stuck in the past and think it's the mans job to do the pursuing?
    Boisdevie, I know what you mean. I dislike women stuck in the 1950s. The sad fact is, that many cultures are still stuck in the 1800s. It is not realistic to expect the whole world to advance at the same rate. Didn't you notice her flag is not even in the G8? [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G8[/url]
    Last edited by bulrush; 25-10-12 at 08:03 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I messaged him yesterday over facebook and we chatted last night he messaged me today and have been talking all night. We exchanged numbers and we are going out for tea and a movie this weekend. Glad I stopped being a sook. lol Thanks for the replies =)

What's a "sook"? But I'm glad you took control of your life. You will be much happier if you stop waiting for someone else to do the work, trust me!

Remember, don't ignore when he is trying to maintain contact. I don't think you saw that when he friended you on FB and sent you pics, he was maintaining contact, which is showing interest! Watch how his moves continue to show interest. Also keep in mind he might get busy with work and not be in contact for a few days. If this happens ONCE in a while, that's ok, he still likes you. If it happens more and more, that's a bad sign he may not like you.

Continue to show your interest. It's not being "desperate", it's just good communication. Being desperate would be emailing him 5x every day for weeks on end. See the difference?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Thanks bulrush that is great advice!! I am really looking forward to going on this date. xx

Wear something nice and slutty, a short skirt and low cut top and try not to talk too much during the movie. I hate when birds do that. Pay £10 pounds to watch a film and they want to spend an hour talking about their ****ing mother. Pisses me off.

I think ill stick to something feminine, classy and not too revealing.... And yes movies are for watching not talking through...

Suit yourself, but a man doesnt want to go on a date with his mother. Are you saying short skirts are not feminine or classy? Hes already seen your pink bits, so its a bit late to be worrying about being too revealing. Come on love, its not 1950.

Quote Originally Posted by smexygirl89 View Post
    And yes movies are for watching not talking through...
    Movies are a great place to get a blowjob in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Movies are a great place to get a blowjob in the dark.
    You always have to be vulgar. French c*nt.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hear guys really hate that sex stuff, so yes I'm sure it turned him right off??

You hardly know this guy. Its possible you were just a one-night stand to him. He might even have a GF. Hard to know from what you posted.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I hear guys really hate that sex stuff, so yes I'm sure it turned him right off??

You hardly know this guy. Its possible you were just a one-night stand to him. He might even have a GF. Hard to know from what you posted.
    You havnt read the whole thread i assume. This bitch has a date with him tonight, for which she intends to dress formally, and not slutty. Big mistake imo.

Oh gosh im not dressing like a granny or in a potato sack... little black skirt with tights... a nice singlet and a little white jacket and black flats... i have long black hair... its nice not slutty tho.