+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Break Up

Break Up

so i had been dating this guy for about 3 years. we recently became an ldr but not by much, we live about 150 miles from each other now. before we left to college he was hysterically crying promising that we would make it work, that all we needed was communication and that he would put worth the effort. well about 2 days ago he broke up with me. he said he loves me but we just arent compatible. he wasnt the least bit sad. quite frankly, i doubt he even cared. whats worse is that he broke up with me a day before our 3 year anniversary. not talking to him on our anniversary was the hardest thing. of course, he didnt text or call me. i just dont understand how in a matter of 2 months he can go from being absolutely in love with me to not caring at all. it was so out of the blue too. we had been arguing a little bit more but i felt as though that would go away once we adjusted to being an ldr. our main issue was he never wanted to communicate with me. he said he felt as though he was reporting to me which is obviously not what i wanted but i did want to know what was going on in his life. everyone i have spoken to says that because he lives on his own now and not with his parents he has the utmost freedom and he wants to make the most of it. it really sucks because i want nothing more than to be with him and i really now that we can work it out but he doesnt want anything to do with me. has anyone ever been in this situation? what is he thinking? does anyone think that this is relationship can eventually be salvaged?

thanks,
    avera

I'm sorry to say, but I assume that he met some new interesting people (Including females) and realised he wanted to try something new. I don't think you should try to salvage it in this case, he does not deserve to be with you after he has dumped you.

He dumped you. Yet you still want to be with him. Are you really that stupid? Don't you think you deserve better or do you have such a pathetically low opinion of your own worth?

Out of sight, out of mind. There's a reason that saying's been around forever. You got replaced quickly, not very uncommon with your age group, people are still figuring out what they want in a partner. In your case, he decided it wasn't you. Get over it, move on. I'm sure you want be single very long.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Many things unexpected things can happen in a long-distance relationship.
    He could have met someone else, felt that he didn't really need to have you by his side, discovered a new kind of freedom...
    It's just weird that the guy pushes you away without explanation after 3 years of relationship... are you sure everything was going well? no previous breakups?
    Anyway, move on.

I realized that most men tell you what they want you to hear so that they do not hurt your feelings. Being in a new place he found another side to himself that did not involve you. So it was easy to break up with you. This story sounds so familiar. Atleast he is not leading you on to believe that there still a relationship when theres not. So as they say wipe the tears away because if he does not love you when hes away he just did not have the love when you were all together. The distance between you two just sealed the deal thats all. But there are other guys out there and just like how hes moved on so you will too. So hold your head up. Brighter days ahead. Good luck.