+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What should I do about this? (Broken heart as well)

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You have no self esteem (wow), you deserve to be f ucked up.
    I know that. I try to keep it up. I had it when I was with her.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    There are 3.5 billion female humans on planet Earth right now. Some of them are single and live in your area. Stop sabotaging your own happiness and start dating locally. It might be harder at first than talking to your manic pixie online dream girl, but will be more rewarding in the long run.
    Yeah, you're right. Just not so good at the whole dating seen. I live in a small town. Only a few hundred teens live near me. I'm pretty socially awkward too, and emotionally attached. I just want to get over her if I can't be with her, so I guess I need some tips for recovery. I don't think I'm the worst guy out there though. I don't really want sex yet, I think I'm sweet, have been called sexy and stuff, I just need help finding someone and getting close. I don't know if I can hsndle a relationship with someone else if I could even find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencarr95 View Post
    I know that. I try to keep it up. I had it when I was with her.
    No it was false self esteem....if it was real you would realized how unhealthy of a relationship it was, and wouldn't have invested your feelings.

Yeah, you're right. Just not so good at the whole dating seen. I live in a small town. Only a few hundred teens live near me. I'm pretty socially awkward too, and emotionally attached. I just want to get over her if I can't be with her, so I guess I need some tips for recovery. I don't think I'm the worst guy out there though. I don't really want sex yet, I think I'm sweet, have been called sexy and stuff, I just need help finding someone and getting close. I don't know if I can hsndle a relationship with someone else if I could even find them.
    If you have this much difficulty in having a relationship then maybe you should seek out some therapy to help you overcome your anxieties.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    If you have this much difficulty in having a relationship then maybe you should seek out some therapy to help you overcome your anxieties.
    I suppose you're right about the self esteem. I did feel like it was healthy, I still say it is. And I felt like I was on top of the world. I didn't care what others thought of me. Not even her, because I already knew. But seeing how short term it was, I guess you're right. I do see a therapist. We tend to argue a lot, and I am planning on getting a new one. I don't know if just talking to a person can help me that much though. It hasn't in the past. I am in Prozac as well. I want to get off of it though, because to me it is pseudo-happiness.

Guys, you're being a little overly harsh here.

OP - they ARE being too harsh, but they're speaking the truth. LDR's are fantasy land. Your former alleged GF doesn't love you. You do need to get over her and start dating locally.

You cannot impose your will on her - you cannot MAKE her love you again... or ever at all, apparently. It's hard yes, but it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Guys, you're being a little overly harsh here.

OP - they ARE being too harsh, but they're speaking the truth. LDR's are fantasy land. Your former alleged GF doesn't love you. You do need to get over her and start dating locally.

You cannot impose your will on her - you cannot MAKE her love you again... or ever at all, apparently. It's hard yes, but it's time to move on.
    Thanks. I never meant to get into a relationship, and we never were bf and gf because of the distance, but we still acted like it. She did break my heart though, and idk if I'm ready to give up on her. I feel like he's gonna mess up, and she'll realize how much she loves me like what happened the first time, and then she could move closer, or I just wait one more year until I go to Boston for college.

I suppose you're right about the self esteem. I did feel like it was healthy, I still say it is. And I felt like I was on top of the world. I didn't care what others thought of me. Not even her, because I already knew. But seeing how short term it was, I guess you're right. I do see a therapist. We tend to argue a lot, and I am planning on getting a new one. I don't know if just talking to a person can help me that much though. It hasn't in the past. I am in Prozac as well. I want to get off of it though, because to me it is pseudo-happiness.
    A good therapist just doesn't sit there and listen to you talk...they should be giving you different exercises that challenge your anxiety and talk you through how to set your mind to overcome what you are feeling. Yes if you are not getting results maybe find a therapist that specializes in behavior and social skills.

Should I go no contact?

He was my best friend, and did help me out through a lot of tough times.

Should I go no contact?
    My suggestion - get a ****ing life.

Should I go no contact?
    No contact is just a technique to overcome your anxiety and will help you to move on. This technique never helps to get your ex back. Well for the time being I suggest you to MOVE ON and go no contact. Its best for you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by arslan89 View Post
    No contact is just a technique to overcome your anxiety and will help you to move on. This technique never helps to get your ex back. Well for the time being I suggest you to MOVE ON and go no contact. Its best for you buddy.
    Thanks. I know a lot of you probably think that what we had was really nothing and were not actually that close, but we were close. We did know each others flaws and our relationship wasn't perfect. We never actually were "together," but we still loved each other, and told each other everything. So it is hard to just say goodbye after a year of this, no matter how good it may be for me though. I still don't want to ruin my chances of getting her back, so I am hesitant of NC.

She's a woman with problem. Cut this you will get nothing out of this. Sorry man, be strong and take the right decision, she will respect you for that. I strongly recommend you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_rocks View Post
    She's a woman with problem. Cut this you will get nothing out of this. Sorry man, be strong and take the right decision, she will respect you for that. I strongly recommend you that.
    Thanks. I guess I know that you're all right. I always have. It's just sorta like that song "Self Esteem" by The Offspring. I'm quitting my job so I'll have more time to be social. Don't know if it'll work out or not, but it's a start I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast