+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marriage/kids VS single life/fooling around

I wonder if the op has any clue as to what happens to a woman's body after children. That tight 20 yr old body with perky breasts will need a tummy tuck and a breast lift after having a couple kids.

hi there,

I'm happy to hear you talk positively about your gf. Sometiimes when we ask a question out loud we answer our own question. Very few people can say they have found the perfect person to spend the rest of their lives with.

I'm 43 years old, I was married for 21 years, I met my first bf at 18 and we married when I was 21 and got divorced at 39. After that, i went through a period of have fun, but that fadded pretty fast. it get's old and lonely at the end of the night.

What I want to say to you is this, you have a wonderful woman by your side that should be stronger than the urge to seek all the women. As you get older, the perfect skinny girl without any life baggage won't mean as much. I'm 43 and I'm with a guy who's 34 we 've been dating for a year and 3 months. I'm not the skinniest girl, but I take care of myself. our outer bodies are just a wrapping to the real us. Fear last for a moment, regret is forever......Don't lose the best thing that ever happened to you. cause you can never get that back. The money part, does it really matter how much she makes?

hope you make the right decision

Op... Have u been with more attractive girls than your current gf? Do u consider yourself better looking in comparison to her? Has "hotter" girls come onto you often? If you've answered yes to all these, perhaps your level of attractiveness is higher than hers and u will constantly "know" u can do better in the looks department (which many men consider looks important). I know this 22 yr old guy who is very good looking, he works out and has a nice body. His gf is a few years older and in comparison to him is not attractive. Its like a 8 dating a 5. Needless to say, I'm not the only person who has looked at the couple and says "WTf".

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Its like a 8 dating a 5. Needless to say, I'm not the only person who has looked at the couple and says "WTf".
    lol we call this a "dating upset" - and it's kinda funny to see. BUT I read a study recently that showed that relationships typically last longer and are more stable if the woman is slightly hotter than the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Op... Have u been with more attractive girls than your current gf? Do u consider yourself better looking in comparison to her? Has "hotter" girls come onto you often? If you've answered yes to all these, perhaps your level of attractiveness is higher than hers and u will constantly "know" u can do better in the looks department (which many men consider looks important). I know this 22 yr old guy who is very good looking, he works out and has a nice body. His gf is a few years older and in comparison to him is not attractive. Its like a 8 dating a 5. Needless to say, I'm not the only person who has looked at the couple and says "WTf".
    Certainly good points bcgirl. However, my gf and I are similar in the looks department. As we are different colors/race, there will be varying opinions in society in regards to our looks but I would say we are a reasonably good match. I definitely don't have girls throwing themselves at me (i.e. I am not instant eye candy) but I'm decent looking enough to do well in the dating scene.

Vic, you're a fool. Here's a visual aid to help you see what will happen:

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

You should never break up with a woman unless you have another lined up. Ive found this out to my cost, and had to make my own dinner for 6 weeks once. Lesson learned.

^^^ lolzzz ^^^ :o)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm going crazy trying to decide between marrying my long-term gf or going solo and playing the field.

I consider my girlfriend a rare find. Her maturity, maternity, love, kindness, honesty, commitment, loyalty, and humility are unparalleled. She's pretty, fun, outgoing, and SANE lol. She's super low maintenance and very caring. We have great personal and sexual chemistry. We agree on almost all life fundamentals.

There are a few negative things I obsess about as well. First, although she's educated and has a good job, she's less educated than I am and will make less $$$ guaranteed. We're the same age, which means I won't have a young body to look at in my older days (nor would she I guess but women don't seem to care about looks/age as much). She was married once before but her ex-husband cheated on her. She's beautiful and has a nice body but she doesn't have the perfect body of some of the girls I see around and that makes me think if I can do better.

The biggest thing, though, that's keeping me from committing is the fear of losing my single life. I made a huge error earlier in my life and stayed in an unhappy 9-year relationship that took my most of my younger years. I am now 30 and have only slept with 4 girls during my entire life! Because of this, I have developed a tremendous insecurity that has destroyed my male ego! What makes it worst, is that I know I can easily play the field (good job, big future income potential, fit, decent looking, fun) but I'll be committed to one woman forever should I marry her. I got a taste of the single life when I came out of my 0-year relationship and was fooling around with 4 decent girls for a few months (my gf being one of them).

I don't want to stay with my gf any longer if I don't plan on proposing to her in the immediate future. We've been together for 4 years and I knew a very long time ago she would make a perfect wife. I love her very much but lust is a powerful force! I feel that if I commit to her, my male sexual ego will be destroyed forever. But if i walk to fulfill my sexual fantasies, I will lose a best friend and an amazing life partner.

Any comments? Thanks!
    Don't get married.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12