+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I Cheating?

Am I Cheating?

I got my first boyfriend a few months ago. He's great and all, but really, I think I've just been with him because I was lonely and sad and everything. He made it better when I was with him.

Well, about two weeks ago, I stopped hearing from him and he didn't respond to calls or anything. Initially I didn't know what was going on, but now that I've spoken to his sister, I find out he's gone to jail. And that he told quite a few lies. He said he had only been to jail once before, but it turns out he's been in jail several times and is the kind of person who can't seem to stay out for more than a few months.

I'm still very bummed that he didn't bother to call or tell me. I might not have even cared about the whole jail thing if he hadn't just disappeared. Since he hid the fact that he was a cell regular, I guess maybe he might have been ashamed of it. But still, he just disappeared.

Well, just right around when he disappeared (went to jail), I met someone who seems interested in me and quite compatible. He'd just transfered to our school from somewhere else not too long ago. I feel guilty when I hang out with him since he is obviously interested in being more than just friends, and I'm technically still with someone.

The new guy seems to be much more interested in me than my current boyfriend. It almost feels like my BF right now just doesn't care enough to spare me a phone call. Looking back on our "relationship", I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't remember my name (he just about never said it).

I've only encountered this new guy for a couple of weeks, but I'm already sensing that I'm more liked by him than I ever was by my BF. He also doesn't seem to have all of the problems that my current boyfriend has...he's got drug problems, has children with another woman (whom he seems to hate now), and can't hold a job for more than a few weeks. He's been through 3 jobs in the time that I've known him, and I'm assuming he lost the one he had when he went to jail.

Part of me really wants to move on from him, yet I know that when he gets out, if he appeared, I'd run into his arms like nothing ever happened. On the other hand, I want to know what it's like to have a boyfriend who seems like he'd probably bother to call me if he wasn't going to be gone for a long time.

I can't really contact him either (without taking a bus or cab several miles to the facility). I frankly don't even want to, since he obviously isn't interested in hearing from me. I want to be with the new person. But then I don't want my boyfriend getting out of jail saying that I cheated on him while he was locked up. I'm not sure how to end it, or if it would really even be over when he gets out. I asked his sister to tell him that I miss him, but beyond that, I'd just be waiting for him to call me if he ever does.

I don't know...would I be cheating if I just forgot about him and moved on to other people in this situation? Or should I wait and give my boyfriend more time?

Are u serious? This sounds like an episode of Maury. Lol. You've only been with him for a few months. Dump his loser butt before you really find yourself a mile high in shit

From what I know about jail, it is extremely difficult to make a phone call when you first get locked up. It can sometimes take days or weeks to get a social worker to help with a phone call, and then they only let you call certain people for certain reasons. But regardless of that, it is not a good idea to get involved with a chronic criminal. It is a sign of a personality disorder that will bring you no end of drama and heartache. If he cheats, lies, and steals from others, he will do it to you too. Find a good man, with a job who will have true feelings for you. He will be boring, but you will be happier in the long run.

A cell regular? Don't get involved, unless you want heartache and trouble and a downwards spiral....

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Find a good man, with a job who will have true feelings for you. He will be boring
    Excellent advice. I have a job. I have true feelings for me GF. But I never realised I am boring. Many thanks for enlightening me.

Idiot.

I dont know what kind of girl u r.but I guess one that dont find it a problem to have a trouble maker criminal bf.so why even butter to ask us anything just be a ganster bitch. Cause if u where different then him u would braking up with him at least true a letter to his sister for him. Instead of worry about bullshit,that he told u or not.the fact is he is a bad dude. That need to be your concern.but I guess u r lije him.so gail is normal for u guys..

Beside u have very low self esteem. Cause u onlu date rubish.and if u start closing your leggs and take time to know people before calling them your bf u should have know that they are criminals and stuff.but I guess u run around with what ever dude that sweettalk u.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Are u serious? This sounds like an episode of Maury. Lol. You've only been with him for a few months. Dump his loser butt before you really find yourself a mile high in shit
    hahahaahahaha

It's lunch time and I find myself with a very similar problem. Perhaps you can give me some advice and that will help you solve your own problem as well.

See, I'm really fond of turkey sandwiches but I find myself without turkey or bread. So I decided to take a dump on a plate instead.

But right when I was about to take a big bite of my turd delight, I found a turkey sandwich waiting for me in the kitchen!!

Now, should I eat the crap since I already put it on a plate and everything? Or should I just flush it and eat the turkey instead?

I'm so torn!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Excellent advice. I have a job. I have true feelings for me GF. But I never realised I am boring. Many thanks for enlightening me.

Idiot.
    People with antisocial personality disorder are generally extremely charismatic, much more so than the average schlep. However, people who insult others are generally narcissistic and by insulting it helps them to think they are better than somebody else, when in fact, it only goes to prove they are small and cowardly human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by ttylox View Post
    It's lunch time and I find myself with a very similar problem. Perhaps you can give me some advice and that will help you solve your own problem as well.

See, I'm really fond of turkey sandwiches but I find myself without turkey or bread. So I decided to take a dump on a plate instead.

But right when I was about to take a big bite of my turd delight, I found a turkey sandwich waiting for me in the kitchen!!

Now, should I eat the crap since I already put it on a plate and everything? Or should I just flush it and eat the turkey instead?

I'm so torn!!!!
    LOL. That actually helped put things in perspective.