+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how can I make him marry me???

sep is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

how can I make him marry me???

Im a 28 years old girl, educated and employed. My parents expect me to find someone to get married. I was in relationship for last 2 days but the person didn't accept to marry me so we are broken now.
    about one year ago, I met a boy in my workplace. we liked eachother but we never had any relation except professional issues. after 6 months I left that job and came back to my hometown which is 2 hours far from my workplace.
    since this colleague and me had lots of eye contacts and positive feeling to eachother (rather chemistry match maybe), i thought he will start a relationship with me because he might have fear of loosing me.
    so we started exchanging some text messages every some nights.but he never asked me to go out with him even tough i was at the city of my workplace for 2 months after leaving the job. but at the last day i was coming home i insisted to meet him to give back something which i borrowed from him and it was our only date.at that date he said that he has kind of feeling about me that is different from a respect or something, it is a different type of feeling and he was very nervous while saying these. so i didnt ask anymore about it to let him feel relaxed as he was hardly trying to tell me that he loves me and he looked very shy at that moment.
    after that i came back to my town and we continued our frequent text messages till now but we never talk about love or sex or anything intimate! we only talk about out daily routines also he never ask me to go out or come to my town.from his last travel he has bought a gift for me and have said if we had a chance to meet he will give it to me but he never tries to meet!
    he is 2.5 years younger than me. still i like this person and I want to attract him to a more serious relationship and marriage. but i am confused:
    why he never calls?
    why he never trys to come to my town?
    why he never talks in an intimate way never sexy talks, never even kiss on text message!
    anyway why does he continue this whole text message relationship?
    what kind of relationship he wants?
    how can i be an option for his marriage?
    what can i do to attract him and push him in a more serious relationship?
    thanks for your advices

1. He's not interested in you.
    2. Get married to who you want when you want. It should be nothing to do with your parents.

1. Don't let marriage be your pressure. It will lead you to mistakes.
    2. How can THIS GUY be an option for your marriage? How well do you know about him? You two even never ever got into a relationship. Or this guy is the only choice of you and you need him no matter what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Was it a misstype? Or did you expect someone to marry you after a 2-day relationship? I'm guessing you meant 2 years hehe.
    Anyway, he may not be interested in you. Sorry to say it blunt, but if he was interested in you (and wasn't a wuss) he would have done a move way WAY earlier.

Alas, i may be wrong and he is actually a wuss and he's afraid to do a move. In that case, show him that you WANT him in a more explicit way. You ask him, don't wait for him to ask you. Take the matter in your own hands. That, if you like insecure boys instead of real men

Users Country Flag
    if he is not interested why does he continue texting me?
    why did he bought a gift for me from his travel?
    once i went to his city and visited hid sister's shop (he was at work so we couldn't meet). he said : "my sister talked about you and she loved you like "me" ". why did he say so? it was the only time he said sth about loving me.

he has a calm personality, very responsible for his family, very good looking , hardworking and his family have a good culture and very polite and respectful. that is why i think he is a good option for marriage, as i rarely find these parameters in one person. and saying the truth that chemistery attraction makes me fancy him alot :-s

yes it was a mistyping, i was in a 2 years relationship but we broke up because he had no plan to marry me..
    thanks for replies

You cannot expect a guy to marry you just because he likes you. Liking someone is not the same thing as being in love.

You don't know anything about this guy. What's his favorite color? Does he want children? Where does he see himself in five years? What are his future plans and goals? Is he gay, bi-sexual, or bi-curious? Is he religious or atheist? Does he drink or use drugs? How good is he with money management? What's his credit score? Does he have a criminal record? Does he drama with his ex?

These are just some of the things you need to know about a person before you think about marrying a person. The reason most marriages end in divorce is because people rush into a relationship without knowing the other person. When the finally get to know that person, they no longer feel they want to be with that person then they divorce.

He hasn't shown the slightest bit of interest in you beyond wanting to be your friend. Texting you and buying you a gift does not mean he wants you to be his wife! People buy gifts for their friends all the time.

Relax, slow down, and give this relationship time to develop if it is meant to be. You also need to address your control issues because you can't make everyone do what you want them to do.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Self Tweaks, It was very helpful
    It is true that I really don't know about his inside and past and all the things you mentioned. I hoped to ralk about these issues via text messages and once I asked how does he see himself for 10 years later but he only said he wished to have an independent business. It seems he is reluctant to talk about these issues and I never asked anything else like this.
    I will stop texing him and will only answer if he does. If the relationship is meant to be he can try to boost it up and if not O will not waste my energy on it. Hope this is a good decision I made today.

You can't "make" him marry you. So far he's not shown any interest in a relationship beyond work friend.

I know it's hard, because of your parents' expectations, but you need to marry someone in your own time, for your own reasons.

Users Country Flag
    I didn't mention that he is very busy with his work, he works 12 hours a day 6 days a week, and he comes home very tired. I feel he is too tired to think about a girlfriend or something. last night he texted again complaining about his job. he seemed very tired.
    I think I can be a good friend for him atleast. A sms friend.
    If he is interested he can improve the relation and if not he we will remain just friend.
    Maybe I should not expect marriage from all friendships.