+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does he like me?

Does he like me?

Okay so I've known this guy for a couple of months. I met him in my martial arts class. He always looked at me and when we first talked, we figured out names and stuff and he always said hi. We're both 19 and I think he's really really cute and I 100% sure he's an ACTUAL good guy. He's a christian and he's extremely into his religion, and I found out today that he is a preacher. He's a virgin, and says he's kissed a girl once, but it was a while ago.

Anyways, when I was walking to the student center, he saw me and literally ran up to me and gave me a hug. It was the first time we really and we talked for a little bit, and then he asked for my number and asked if I had a boyfriend, and of course, I said no since I've been happily single for 3 years. Not long after that I went to the cafeteria to eat and he left, but like 2 minutes after he left, he texted me telling me to come to the math lab so he could say bye. At the time, I was wondering why he'd wanna say bye, but I walked over there and once he saw me, he gave me a hug. It was actually the first time he hugged me. It was kind of long and I could tell he liked it. After we pulled away he said that he had to go, and then when he started walking away, he was like "hey" and I turned around, he said "you look pretty today". Of course, I thanked him, and he gave me another hug, and then left. But what confuses me is that, later that night, he'd texted me saying "hey, you know when I told you you looked pretty today?" and I was confused and said "yeah, what about it?" and he said "well I didn't really mean to say that..." and I was even more confused and put "okay?" and he was like "you are, but I just don't want to over express myself". I have no idea why he said that. Was it out of shyness? Because saying that is basically an insult.

But I notice that he always stares and glances at me, and if there's a lot of people, he notices me quickly and if we make eye contact, he smiles. If I'm doing work in the student center and he's in there, I'll see him in my peripheral vision glancing and staring, then when I look at him he sometimes just looks away, and sometimes smiles at me then looks away.

I'm not sure if he's shy or just doesn't like me. I see him talking as friends to other girls but he doesn't say a lot to me. He says hi and asks me questions like "how are you" or "what you working on?", yet when he sees me alone he ALWAYS asks for a hug, and that hug almost always turns into at least 2 or 3 hugs, maybe more.

I remember when I was in the student center, he randomly called me and asked where I was, and when I told him, he asked if anyone else was in there and I said no, and then he was just like "oh" and I said "yeah" and he just said "well I'll see you later" and then like 3 minutes after he hung up he showed up at the student center. When he saw me he took his backpack off and wanted a hug right away, so I got up and hugged him. It was kind of long and after a minute he was like "aw come on, press your body against mine", so I did and I hugged tighter and so did he. He pushed his crotch against mine, which he'd never done before. After a minute or two we pulled away and he was acting shy and awkward and after about a minute he wanted another hug. That one was also long full-body hug, then he said he had to go, and wanted another hug, and then left. But like 5 minutes later he came back and wanted another long hug and then he sat down next to me. He asked if I would sit in his lap and I was like "okay" so I started to go to his lap and then when I was about to sit, he stopped me and said he was just kidding, so I moved back to my seat. Then after a few seconds he said I could sit on there, so I did, and I sat there for less than 10 seconds before he told me to get off. I didn't know why he'd said that though. And like 5 or so minutes, he called and was apologizing for the crotch thing, though he didn't actually say that, he just apologized for the hugs. I told him that he doesn't need to be sorry and that I liked the hugs. He was saying how he didn't wanna be that type of guy, and he was saying that he was embarrassed because I guess he got "turned on" by me sitting in his lap, and I told him he didn't need to get embarrassed.

Last night I was texting him and I asked "are we gonna hang out outside school?" and his reply was "what??????", so I just copied and pasted the question and he just said "idk" so I was like "I guess thats a no.." and he said "no it's just idk I'm always busy with school and work" and I said "welllll whenever you're not busy cuz I like you and I wanna hang out with you outside school" and he said "that's cool I guess" and I said "you guess?" and then he replied with "you like me" which I'm guessing he didn't understand that at first, which makes me think that he probably has little to no experience with girls. I replied with "yes" and he was just saying how it was a little early to be telling him that and that "we barely know each other", yet he's told me that he considers us 'good friends' so I'm not sure how two people can be 'good friends' and barely know each other. I said to him "yeah I know and thats why i said I wanted to hang out with you outside school" and he just said "oh" and then I just said "yeah" and he asked "do I have a big nose" which made me think that maybe he liked me since he's asking my opinion of him. He does have kind of a big nose but it's not so big to be ugly. I just told him "no but I don't care about noses anyways cuz I have a big nose" and he lied saying "you don't have a big nose.." and well we didn't say much after that except I said for him not to act awkward when we see each other.

I've talked to his friend about him and asked if he disliked me, and after I told his friend how he acted around me, yet acted like friends to other girls, he told me he probably just really likes me and is shy towards me. I'm also shy around a guy I like but not as shy as him. I can tell he's shy.

I had martial arts tonight and it's a 3 hour class and the whole time he didn't acknowledge me too much. Normally he looks at me a lot and glances, but tonight he didn't do that too much. I've kind of acted the same way in the past around a guy I liked, since I'm also shy. I would pretend to not see them sometimes and wouldn't act like I liked them. But yeah, he didn't really say much to me and was acting awkward. The whole class I was kind of angry/sad because I really like him and I was so sure he liked me, and by him doing this, made me think he doesn't. Normally I ask him for a ride back to my dorm after class. I was planning on doing it tonight and telling him not to be awkward, but at the last minute, I decided against it and just started walking back. The whole time walking I was thinking to myself "I hate guys, **** guys, I give up he doesn't like me" because I've never had the best luck with relationships, but then I saw in my peripheral vision a car slowing down and then it honked. I didn't recognize the car so I was like "who the hell is that?" I was thinking that it was probably the guy who was my partner tonight, but it wasn't. It was my crush. He opened the door and before I even got in the car he was like "can I have a hug?" and I got in and said "sure" and after we hugged he was like "l want a better hug, let's get out of the car". it was right in the middle of the road but there weren't any cars so we both got out and hugged. It was another full body hug again. After we stopped hugging he told me to take off my hoodie so he could get a better hug, but a car was coming so we both got in the car and he drove to the parking lot of my dorm and we parked. We talked for a couple minutes and then asked for another hug. It was kind of long and when we pulled away, he was like "oops I got a little turned on" and I just laughed and said "oh my gosh" and then he asked if I wanted to sit on his lap in the driver's seat facing him. At first I was hesitant and my mind went blank and I froze when I wanted to say yes, and then he said "no I'm just kidding". I knew he wasn't so I said "ha no you're not" and he said he was and I was like "yeah right! I bet if I got on your lap you would let me" and then he asked again if I wanted to and I said yeah and got on his lap. He just hugged me really tight and I hugged him too. I could tell he had a boner and was horny since he was doing the "humping" thing that guys do when they're horny. Not even thirty seconds after I got on he was saying I should get off and I was like "why?" and he was like "cuz" and then I was like "oooh I know why" and he said "you do?" and I was like "yeahhh it's obvious. I know guys" and then it was just quiet for a bit and he kept hugging me tight. Then he pulled one arm back and put over his crotch. He tried to get me off again but I hugged him tight and then he started pushing me a little so I just got off. He seemed embarrassed that that happened. He was saying that he shouldn't be doing that and was putting his hands over his face. His voice sounded like it was cracking so I thought maybe he was about to cry so I asked him and he just looked at me and kinda laughed and said "no!".

I don't know if any of that means that he likes me. I tell my friends about stuff and they say they think he likes me, but I still keep having my doubts. He didn't act AS shy around me tonight as normal, but he was still shy. I really hope he likes me because I would legit date him. I haven't said that about A SINGLE guy in the past 3 years I've been single. He's definitely not like other guys at all. His guy friend told me that "he knows how to treat a girl" and so that makes him seem better. We've never kissed and neither of us have tried to kiss each other, though I've thought about making the move and I really want to, but I just don't want him to reject. Considering the fact that he has little to maybe no experience with girls, I'm thinking that he might. Back when I had my first kiss, I was MUCH shyer around guys than I am now and I actually turned my head away because I was so nervous. He supposedly hasn't kissed a girl in a long time so he might be nervous too.

I'm sorry that I wrote A LOT but I really do like this guy! I could actually see myself dating him. He's the perfect type of guy for me! He's hispanic (Guatemalan), has a perfect body (not to thin, not too muscular), he's a teeny bit nerdy (wears glasses and is on top of his school work) but he doesn't dress nerdy. He has nice lips and has braces, which means his teeth will be nice, too. He has a cute personality. I love shy guys, I just think they're too cute. And he's inexperienced, so that's even more cute. He's all 'pure'.

BUT ANYWAYS, by all of the information I've given y'all, does he like me or no?
    I would really like to hear back asap
    I just want others' thoughts on this because I'm just having doubts! Maybe it's because of my insecurity, i don't know. My thoughts just keep getting me to believe he likes me, and if I thought he liked me, I'd like him even more, and that's something I don't wanna do because that's a way for me to get hurt!

Not normally as blunt as I'm going to be but I can't be arsed to fluff this up for you....

YES HE LIKES YOU BUT IS SCARED AND HAS NO SERIOUS EXPERIENCE OF RELATIONSHIPS OR FEMALES SO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Chill out & have fun. Take it slow and be prepared for the fact that you may have to take the lead in this one.... good luck

Sorry to ask but what are your ranks? It is wrong in Karate for student interaction like this in a dojo. To me, he sounds like a creeper and that is speaking from someone that knows the pattern. Religion can make some people sick with flip flopping thoughts as you mentioned. If he entices you then throws you off like that then it's trouble. Karate should be taken serious during class or anytime you are in uniform. Behaviour like you mentioned should not be accepted. He really does sound like a religious freak that is only going by what his jesus tells him. Ignore him for now and see what he does. If he chooses to like you after class, that's fine but never during class.

It's not a real dojo... it's just a beginning martial arts class at my community college. And yeah, I did ignore him in class and didn't act like i liked. Sometimes I'd give him mean looks because I thought he was just going to avoid me and not talk to me after I told him I liked him. I didn't even ask him to give me a ride home and look what happened: he drives up to me as I'm walking and picks me up. I wasn't expecting that. In the back of my mind, I thought he might do that if I didn't ask him, but I didn't actually think he'd do it.

And by the way, none of this happened during the martial arts class.
    He did hug me a lot one day during class though. He'd follow me to the water fountain, which is in the baseball room (our "dojo" is the field house gym) and he'd ask for a hug and then want another one right after. I don't think he's creepy, I think it's cute how he loves to hug me.

And he didn't "throw me off" of his lap, he just started pushing me a teeny bit, and when I felt that pressure, I got off because I didn't want him ti be too uncomfortable.

A dojo is any place where Karate is practised. This place should be taken serious because that is the only way to understand the true meaning of Karate. Guess I'm old school and take it serious. My advise is still to continue ignoring him but please do not give him mean looks. That helps nothing but confusion and grief later on. See how he acts when you plain ignore him for a week. Sounds like he is worried his god is watching and judging constantly. A true christian still flirts and dates without being paranoid. Good luck.

I think he's just shy, not paranoid of his God watching him. And sometimes I can't help but give mean looks. Sometimes when I'm mad, I just have that look on my face. But I'm gonna ignore him. He just walked by me and said "hey" in an awkward voice but I didn't say shit or even look at him.

Today he acted the same way he did in class last night... seems like he was kind of avoiding me, but he also kept staring at me. Dunno if he's being shy or what. I ignored him though. Acted like he wasn't even there. That awkward shit just pisses me off. I want to text him and ask him why he's being awkward, but I don't wanna seem like I care, even though I do. Plus I'd rather ask him in person. I dunno if I should text him or not...

Here's a couple of questions:

So, when you asked him to hang afterwards he said you don't know him that well, yet he is OK with you having hugs that last for several minutes? How often do you hug a person you aren't really friends with for that long and that many times?

Does he do that with other girls too or is it just you?

How does someone exactly ''request'' a hug? Usually a hug is a mutual thing that happens, it sounds kind of stupid to me to be constantly asking for a hug. How does he do it? Do you randomly talk and he just says ''hey i want a hug'' or what? People don't ever ask you to go out of a car to get a better hug, that is just silly.

Do you ever initiate a hug or is it just him?

On top of that, his reaction to you saying you like him is very unusual.

I'd say he is definitely interested in you, but this emotion is new to him, and he is for some reason scared of it. It's like he likes you, but has no idea what to 'do' about it. From your posts I'd say he is definitely a strange person, socially awkward, but I can't say if he's a freak or a creep, none of us know this guy but you, so I'll leave it to your judgement. If you want to go out with him on a date just plain ask him and see how he reacts. I know you'll say he'll probably freak out, but if he does, he isn't ready for a relationship anyway.

OMG I was wondering the same thing! But I never said anything, though I should have!

And no, I never see him do that to other girls.

HE just comes up to me and says hey or hi and then he holds his arms out for a hug. And he's the one who initiates them. I never do.

You should ask him a direct question such as: I want to ask you something, and please be honest about it: do you like me? If he proceeds to ask why, you explain that it seems to you that he's been acting strange around you, and ask him what's up with all the hugs. Just be honest with him and ask him to respond honestly aswell. Do it in person rather than over text, because in person you can see his immediate reaction.

It's a legitimate question, because the situation is wierd and you are being curious. That's how I'd handle a situation like it anyway. We can discuss this endlessly, but on the end, only he knows what's going on here.

I've liked him since I first saw him cuz he's really cute. And I like the hugs, but I hate the mixed signals
    The mixed signals pisses me off to the point where I wanna just say "**** you, I give up, you're a dick" but I know for a fact I'd regret it, because everyone tells me i"it's obvious he likes you, but he's just really shy".
    Pus, since I'm the jealous type, so it makes me even more mad when I see him talking to his female friends, yet doesn't talk to me much. I never see him hug them though.

A few minutes ago I asked him to his face as he was leaving "why are you being awkward?" and he was just like "what?" and I said "you're acting awkward and it's weird" and he didn't say anything, he just walked off.

Be honest here......The guys weird. Move on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast