+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Communication Issue

Communication Issue

So I've been talking to this girl for about 6 weeks, everything was going well. Had some good things in common, we both have feelings for each other. conversation has been kind of strained, but I blame that on myself for trying to be too perfect. Two weeks ago we were laying in bed and I asked her about her ideal relationship. She told me she only liked to be texted once a day and she would get back to the guy when she could/wanted too. So Tuesday we went out to dinner/drinks and everything was great. Late tuesday night we set up a romantic evening together on wednesday after she got off work. She normally gets off work around 11, at 10, she texted me and said that she wanted to go out with some co-workers and could we re-schedule for thursday, when she had the night off? I said ok. Thursday comes, and I'm on my way home, and she blows me off again because her sister needed a "babysitter." I texted her back and asked for how long, no reply. Waited two hours and gave the ?? text. Still nothing. About 9 I gave her a quick call and she ignored it after two rings. About 11:30 I headed to bed, before I did I shot her a quick text. She texted right back and said we needed to put things on hold, she needed space, that I had pushed her away. Apparently me texting her three times a day was WAY too much, she didn't like the pet names, and she didn't want/wasn't ready for a relationship. (First I had heard of that) At the end of the conversation she asked me to leave her alone. That was a week ago. If you were her, are you still interested in me? If so, how long do you want me to wait to contact you? Thanks for any advice/insight/opinions you have

PS-We've slept together several times.

Okay, first of all, NEVER trust a saddened girl. She may not even know herself, but she's not saying the truth, or you may not see what was wrong. It was obvious ever since she mentioned about babysitting.
    The "3 texts a day" was not the issue. Something else was. Maybe she figured you out? I bet you were acting way too perfect, am i wrong? You said it yourself. She noticed some inconsistencies or something. A girl that is really driven by emotion is really good at figuring people out, mark this. Once she sets her mind that she doesn't want you anymore, you can be the perfect prince Charming. You won't get her again.

Oh, and to clear all suspicion, she's no longer interested in you (if she EVER was), and don't call / text her again. If she wants to get in touch with you, she'll do it herself.... but i doubt (remember this).

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    After the 2nd cancel you should have just told her to contact you if/when she is less busy. If she was into you, she would make the time.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

When someone does a 180, it usually means they have another interest. Something happened during that night out with the co-workers and the next night was a date with that someone she met the night before. If you do a little digging I'm sure you will find out she has a new BF or she has been dating other people.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    After the 2nd cancel you should have just told her to contact you if/when she is less busy. If she was into you, she would make the time.
    This right here is on the button.