+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help!! Extremely confused.

lyssapaul Guest

Please help!! Extremely confused.

I was dating this guy for a month. We are both 20. We connected strongly from the minute we met. He initiated us being official, had me meet his friends, told me many personal things about himself, basically all normal signs that we were progressing well. He started to get distant on me, and then told me he wanted to break up. He said he "wasn't able to be what I needed" and that I "wasn't willing to be what he wanted" (even though he never explained what this meant because he's never mentioned a problem before). We both agreed that he didn't know what he wanted.

He has depression, and claims it's been getting worse and that he needed to be around people with issues like he has. He said I was too emotionally stable. (??) and that he started dating me because he was lonely, "like really lonely", but that he did really like me.
    He said several times during the break up that he likes me and cares about me. But he also mentioned that his ex (whom he helped to set up with his roommate) had sex with the roommate who then told her he had been cheating the whole time, and my (ex)boyfriend said he was having to comfort her. He said he "would feel dishonest to both of us if something happened".
    At the end of the conversation, he said that he wants to be alone for a while to figure everything out. But that this might just be a hiatus. He jokingly said to talk to him in a month when he has it all figured out. I replied that he's not allowed to come back to me unless he's serious and ready this time. He agreed that that was fair.

Then he brought my things back to me at my apartment. We didn't talk, just said hi and goodbye (I didn't give him a chance to say anything really).

So after all this I was mostly ok with letting him go. As I was pretty confident he was done with us and it had ended very amicably and friendly.

Then only about an hour after he got home from seeing me, he messages me on facebook saying ":/... I like you"

W.TF is going on?? I don't want to initiate anything with him, he dumped me. I replied saying to give it an hour and he would change his mind. (a bit snarky perhaps) It just seems odd to me that he would say this after breaking up with me, with really no time to begin to miss me or anything. Obviously not a booty call. why would he dump me then say he likes me?

I tend to be a very rational person. I know I shouldn't expect him to come back as he's said he's not ready, but something tells me we're not done.

He needs to get his shit together. Don't let him jerk you around. Move on, meet other people, and if he didn't really want to break up and was just playing games, then it is his fault for playing games. I don't think he has any idea whatsoever what he wants. No need for you to wait around for him to figure it out.

I would guess he is still hung up on his ex, but wants to keep you on the line. Just tell him you don't play no games and you will be moving on. As for things not done, it's because of that last message and your female brain is telling you to not let go...stop it, you are only fooling yourself. If a guy is uncertain that means he doesn't care enough. Please don't be the type to hope things will change.....it's a waste of your time. Plus it's only a month, you haven't invested enough to make it worth your while.

Lyssapaul, you'd be wise to avoid dating someone who is this emotionally unstable. You've only been dating for a month and he already wants a month off!!
    I'd advise that instead of doing a 'break', you just end things cleanly and walk away.

Besides, you ought to be really insulted that he dated you because he was really lonely. It's worth noting that he didn't say that he was attracted to your sense of humour or your outlook or even your beauty. He dated you because there was no-one else.

Find someone who has a choice of who to date but chooses you because you're so great.

You already made this thread on the Ask a Male section. Don't spam the forum....

He said " I like you" because he wanted to assure you that he really likes you, and it's HIS fault for the breakup. His way of saying "I know i have some problems, and we can't be together now, I want to be alone but that doesn't change the fact that i like you!"

Andrada, is that you? Your situation is extremely similar to something that happened to me ..............

This crap hits that fan after only a month? not worth even talking about.....