+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some rudimentary advice from the gallery

Need some rudimentary advice from the gallery

Hi All

I needed some advice. Recently, I had lunch with a colleague of mine who came with a fellow colleague at his workplace who happened to be grabbing a bite at the same time. I had never met or seen her before. The lunch we great - I really got along with her and was able to communicate easily. I made her laugh a lot and was attracted to her on a physical and mental level. She was a cool and I felt that I definitely needed to hit her up for a date. That was 4 days ago and since then I have been stuck at the following predicament:

How the heck do I ask her out?

Let me qualify that: my friend who works with her is a great guy, but I just do not trust me with a matter like this one. He has a habit to be immature and I can see him ruin this fully if I seeked his assistance. On top of this, I learned a day later, than the girls sister works at my company and I sometimes report to her. Her sister a great person, extremely professional and also fun to communicate with. However, the thought of approaching her on this just seems weird and I feel would add a layer of complexity I really would not want to deal with especially if things with the girl (should I ever get on a date) do not go as well. I think we can all agree that details of romantic endeavours should stay as far away as possible from the people one works with.

The third and final option would be for me to cold call her and just ask her out. I am supremely confident in my ability to have my gameface on for a date, I just do not know how to ask someone out on a damn phone. I have never done it before, and I feel there is a high risk it would make me look like an absolute weirdo. For those wondering how I would get her number, her company has a phone directory, so if I wanted to I can always call her direct.

Thoughts/advice/real life experiences would be appreciated. It has been 4 days, and I cannot stop thinking of this girl, and that does not happen often with me. Should I just abandon ship, and look for greener pastures elsewhere.

You are overthinking this. Just call her and ask her out! Ask her out to lunch again. If you enjoy your lunch together, it should put you in a nice position to ask her out on a date outside of work. If she says 'no', then at least you tried and aren't sitting around wondering what if.

Remember the Nike Ads?

Just Do It.