+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Family & Friends

Family & Friends

I am in a situation where my gf wants to spend all her time with her sister. Basically we have spoken about it in past and she says she will change. She spends one night a week with her then organises other events at weekend and i have to fit around them. She also vbisits her family with her which want to do with her instead. Seperately to this when she isnt with her she text sall time even when we are out having a meal. She has a tracker on her phone to see where she is at all times, her phones are linked up......its also my gfs bday soon and i would like to spend time alone with her but nope....shes is wanting to go out sister and friends saturday, sunday she has a mates bday meal with sister and friends, then its her birthday on the monday so we having her friends over & sister then at night out for a family mel (sister). Xmas day has to be her house too with sister as that is the tuesday! I have told her its not normal to want to spend all this time with her and she shold give us space but it doesnt happen. when we are invited to events she jut organises it with her sister like weddinds....what time we going etc, they even stop at each others house without considering me. Any help am i obsisive ? is her behaviour normal ?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you freakin' crazy? Blood is thicker than water, and I would MUCH rather spend my time with my sisters (who are also my best friends) than a whiny, clingy, possessive, jealous boyfriend.

A healthy sibling relationship is the best gift a person can have. They will always have your back, love you when you are cranky, make you laugh when you are depressed, and assuming normal lifespans, their relationship with you will last longer than any other relationship a person can form during a lifetime.

You'd better learn to like her family if you want to keep her, because trust me, while she may try to meet your needs for now, your petty demands will eventually get on her nerves. This is HER birthday, not yours.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

hmm i think its too much if she can trak her sister to know where she is.

(how old are u guys)?

i can only think she is not that much into u. break up or take it.

It's her family. You have no right in trying to distance them. Her sister and family will be with her forever, your just a bf that can be gone tomorrow

a bit more to it then the birthday issue , i accept its her day but i would of liked to treat her and cant do that by means of taking her out. The more issues are we havent had a free weekend for 3 months as she has had arrangements with her sister and friends i think its a bit much. But accept what you are all saying and bear in mind

Watto, it doesn't matter if it's right or wrong or why she does it. What does matter is whether or not this relationship suits you.

You've discussed it and nothing's changed - so you now know that this is going to be the future. The decision of whether to accept her as she is or leave is yours.

Notice all the women defending this bitch. I've been in this position before with a woman and her ****ing annoying family, and its a total ballache. The OP has to assert his authorati on this wench before his whole life becomes a living nightmare. A woman seeing her sister once a month is more than enough. They mostly just talk complete shite anyway, which anyone thats ever heard them on a phone could testify to.