+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy I used to date sent me a postcard while abroad

Guy I used to date sent me a postcard while abroad

I used to date this guy for a few months this summer. I met him through one of my good guy friends at a party and we had an instant connection. We had a good time but I was not expecting much because he was going to travel abroad for 3 months. He graduated from college in May. I did not want to be a needy girl so I let him have his space and decided not to talk to him since he was traveling with one of his friends. After a few weeks when he was in a different country than his friend, he was probably bored and he started talking to me and we skyped for a few hours. He said he wanted to see me when he gets back and stuff. It was good seeing him again. After that, he did not attempt to talk and I was the one who initiated every time. He started wanting to even put the effort in less and less, so I pretty much gave up. I asked him to get me a postcard when we last skyped and yesterday I got a postcard from him. It was more like a journal entry than a hi how are you type of letter. I was honestly surprised that he remembered because I barely have spoken to him while he has been overseas. I thanked him and said I was surprised he remember. He responded "What can I say, I'm a man of my word" and the conversation ended so as you can see it is getting pretty blahh. He is coming back on the 13th, so what do you think I should expect from this? I am not dating anyone so what should I do or how do you think this will be?

You should take your mind off of this guy by dating others...see who else is out there. You should not expect anything from him. He is traveling around the world and hopefully having adventures and meeting other women. I am sure he wants to keep the lines of communication open with you so that you guys can possibly hang out when he returns. Only then will you really know what might come of your "relationship"...so who knows? Go with the flow and see what happens.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 27-11-12 at 05:58 AM.

Dear yoyobabe01, I will be back in town soon. Can we have a one-night stand? That would be great. Thx. Bye.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I didn't realize this was posted by yoyo...lol

Yep, he wants a shag and a postcard doesn't cost much. So postcard = shag seems a good deal to him.