+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She is chasing me? (not in a good way)

She is chasing me? (not in a good way)

Like the title says.

There's this girl and it's very complicated... To make a long story short - I liked her and hit on her several times and she rejected me (and not very nicely), we were good friends and then she hit on me, but before anything serious happened she didn't want me anymore, then she tried really hard for us to remain friends and we were... until about two weeks ago.

She became very cynical and even a bit mean to everybody, but with me it was worse - everything she said was really nasty. Also, I noticed that recently, she never laughed or even smiled when we talked except for those cynical smiles when she makes nasty comments about me or what I said (you know what I'm talking about) while she smiled and laughed when it was anyone else.

I told her about it several times and she said she was sorry and she really likes me (she didn't mean it romantically) and it won't happen again, yet it remained this way. Last week I just had enough of it and decided to do what she did to me about a year ago, although for different reasons (she did this because she didn't want to date me) - I just started being very indifferent to her and even ignoring her and avoiding her, stopped answering her calls and replying to her texts etc.

She didn't say anything or did anything about it until last weekend when we met with some friends and she just teased me all night like "Even now you're ignoring me..." and "Why don't you look me in the eyes?" since then she told me several times that she wants me to stop being angry at her (I started acting like this after she said something you don't really say to anyone you care about...) and she just doesn't stop chasing me and telling me she's sorry and she doesn't want me to be angry at her etc. I told her I'm not ignoring her and if I did it wasn't on purpose (exactly like she said to me) but she is a bit more persistent than I was and she just doesn't leave me alone!
    Today I texted her that we should hang out some time this week and she instantly texted me back saying when she can while usually it takes her about an hour to answer.

The problem is that nothing she does makes sense... She is trying too hard for us to remain friends (I tried breaking contact with her before but she wouldn't let me go so I decided it was better we remained friends for now) but she also does what I described above - being especially nasty to me and not acting as a friend or even like she cares about me, but now that she thinks I'm ignoring her she is really chasing me like sending a message then after 15 min. another one... I think she was really taking me for granted. Still, why try so hard to remain friends? we almost hooked up, it didn't work (because of her), and she is doing everything she can so we remain friends? I don't think she liked me that much as a friend...

The reason I'm posting this thread is because I love her romantically but I don't know what to do, if to even try to be more than friends or not, and if so - how should I do this without humiliating myself?
    Also, we have to see each other almost every day and most of our friends are mutual, that's why it's pretty much impossible to break contact entirely.

What do you think I should do?

She's unstable... why do you even want to be around someone as manipulating, insecure and attention-seeking as her? She just keeps you around as emotional support, you're like her pet dog who is always there to welcome her home after a bad day, and she can treat you as nastily as she wants because she knows that you'll always be there no matter what. Don't play her own sick games, just stop hanging out with her altogether instead of pettily "ignoring" her like some high school kid.
    Last edited by searock; 03-12-12 at 12:42 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its all about giving her attention. Hard to know if she actually cares. Has she ever gone out of her way for you as a friend?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

She's an attention whore, and you should run like hell from the crazy lady.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    She's an attention whore, and you should run like hell from the crazy lady.
    ^^^Well said, good sir.

Attention whore - there's the phrase I was looking for!

Maybe you're right... And now that I think of it, she didn't really do anything that is considered "gone out of her way", she even tried to sabotage something between me and another woman (though that was when she wanted me). It is currently impossible to stop hanging out with her because she is in my social circle and I have to see her every day due to us being in the same courses in college. I don't hang out with her 1 on 1 but still she's like teasing me every time to give her attention, so maybe I'll just mess with her a little until she backs off
    Last edited by TIOTG; 03-12-12 at 03:51 AM.

Just make sure you don't get sucked back in. She just wants you for the ego boost you provide with your undivided and unconditional admiration and attention. She actually tried to sabotage your involvement with another woman... this chick is a psycho. Stay away from her, let her find someone else to keep on her leash.

That's not entirely true... She doesn't think I'm into her since half a year ago or something and it wasn't really sabotage, it was more like she knew her and didn't talk very nicely about her (to say the least) when she sensed something might happen between us. Never the less, I don't let her push me around anymore and I guess she will have to move on. Thanks for the help!

Hard to please an attention-focus person..

you must have lot of energy to keep this going.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    Hard to please an attention-focus person..

you must have lot of energy to keep this going.
    Name:  la.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  7.1 KB .