+ Follow This Topic

Thread: think my friends turning me into her psudo-boyfriend

think my friends turning me into her psudo-boyfriend

so me and this girl have known each other for years, and weve always been close, we were even room mates for a while. these past couple weeks shes been asking me to come over a lot, had me spend the 21st with her (nether of us thought anything would happen lol) and now she wants me to spend christmas with her, all of this doesnt really seem like too much until you add the fact that she always hands me a drink right around when im getting ready o leave. she knows i wont waste it and that if i do drink anything i wont risk driving till the next morning (have Breathalyzer in my car) so i end up having to stay the night. she called me at 130 this morning to help her with something, the only way im leaving home at one in the morning is if sex is expressly promised, which it wasnt so i didnt. what do you ladies think about all this?

It sounds like you'd like for something to happen between the two of you. So the next time she wants you to come over, tell her "how about I take you on a proper date instead". At worst, it will be fun to watch her reaction, and at best, you'll have a date with a girl you like.

thing is im not looking for anything to happen, and when i actually did she wasnt having any of it. its just kinda getting old when i say "i think i should be going soon" and she hands me a drink and i end up having to stay the night and its always just the two of us.

So you wouldn't be happy if she made a move?

would i be unhappy if a beautiful girl made a move on me? no but thing is i know she wont

Then start ignoring her every time she treats you any different than any other male friend of hers. For example, next time she offers you a drink, decline and leave (as you intended to). If she calls you later than 11 PM and earlier than 9 AM, don't even answer the phone (unless you think it may be an emergency). If she asks you to come over, don't go (unless there's other people invited). It's simple really.

that makes perfect sense, why didnt i think of that