+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls making first moves?

Girls making first moves?

I think a lot when I drive, so this is just something that popped into my mind. What do guys think about girls who make moves to let a guy know she's interested? I've herad guys say it's awesome and makes things easier...yeah if you like the girl, but then I think it makes the guy lazy/take the girl for granted. When does it go from "Yea that's cool" to "She's crazy, sad, and desperate!"

I've always been a firm believer in guys making all the first moves. But, if I really like a guy and we've been getting along, I won't play the "I don't like you" mind games that a lot of girls think is the right way to get a guy. But, I can't help but feel desperate when I'm the one to initiate conversations/texts/calls... I get the feeling that after the first or second time, the guy stops initiating and just expects me to be the one to show up when I feel like it. Finding a balance seems harder than it should be!

What do you guys think about girls making the first moves or being a little more aggressive at the beginning of a relationship/potential relationship?

I have always been the aggressor. I have asked guys out on dates etc. I never had a problem with it. But what I tell the guys, applies to the ladies as well, once you show your interest don't over do it with the IM, texting etc. Always leave room for them to make a move.

Tip: if you are having trouble finding a balance that means you are not compatible and should just move on.

Girls almost never make the first move so a guy would have to be an idiot to pass up on someone who is so thoughtful and willing to defy gender protocol. It's pretty awesome but liike I said, extremely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Girls almost never make the first move so a guy would have to be an idiot to pass up on someone who is so thoughtful and willing to defy gender protocol. It's pretty awesome but liike I said, extremely rare.
    Yeah that wasn't really the point. The OP just wanted to know if you (as a guy) would appreciate it. A good answer would have been "I think it's awesome if a girl makes the first move".

I was always a bit of an agressor back in the day. I loved the thrill of the chase. Some guys were a bit put off by it, and others liked it. My hubby liked it

At any rate, I wasn't concerned about the guys who were put off because it simply showed that they weren't compatible.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 25-12-12 at 06:10 AM. Reason: spello

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Yeah that wasn't really the point. The OP just wanted to know if you (as a guy) would appreciate it. A good answer would have been "I think it's awesome if a girl makes the first move".
    Actually, it WAS part of the point: It's especially awesome for a girl to make the first move because it is so extremely rare. However, some guys are kinda stupid and ungrateful when a girl DOES make the first move on them. So I was just preparing her to persist in making the first moves knowing some guys might turn her down.

Always on my case, eh searock?

I wouldn't be, if you didn't persist on making stupid generalizations. I don't think it's rare for girls to make the first move - it certainly isn't in my group of friends/acquaintances, I'd say it's about 50/50. It may be different in the US though. I agree with you in that she shouldn't be discouraged if some guys turn her down - that would be like saying that a guy should be discouraged from asking girls out just because he was turned down by some girls, it's obviously absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    You really think its rare? Some of the longest relationships I've witnessed were ones where the girl initiated and the guy was usually really hot. For some reason that doesn't work for me. I scared away one guy, but turned out he was gay and not ready to come out when we were hanging... So maybe that doesn't count.

What I have experienced is the guy making the moves to get my number and start talking to get to know me... But we'd never go on dates unless I suggest hanging out. I guess that just shows we're not compatible? I don't believe in a guy being lazy if he truly is interested in a girl.

Some guys feel if they don't get the right signals, they won't bother... see? Step up sista and really try it out. You will get results.

I've always been flattered if a girl asked me out or showed interest. Then I can make a decision. If they don't respect my decision (whether yes or no) then I have a problem.
    </snip ->